1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyone ever had a crush on someone who may be straight?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by dbelieve, Sep 25, 2014.

1. dbelieve

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've only recently discovered my feelings toward girls and have had my first huge girl crush, however; I'm pretty sure she's straight. As a High school student (where I live at least) its VERY risky to just go up to her and ask without her being completely turned off or me getting rejected. Being openly gay is a struggle down here without being teased or something. For now I'll just watch her from afar, and try to at least befriend her little by little. ;(

If you've ever felt the same way share your stories too as I might just learn something. Ironically both me and my crush share the same name. Is that a sign? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

P.S - I'm looking for some lesbian/gay/bisexual friends.

2. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I never have really. I think I only liked a straight girl once. Straights girls turn me off to know end, they're more trouble than they are worth....liking them is almost pointless since they'll either reject you or use you as a sex object for their own gain. Huge turn off to me.

3. dbelieve

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I suppose you're right, but shes just too cute!!! I really wish there were more lesbians/bisexuals where I live.:dry:

4. Elementsroyalty

I've had one or two straight crushes and yes, they were very frustrating.

My biggest one was on a girl in my musical orchestra. At first, I didn't think I liked her all that much. I just thought she nice because she'd smiled and waved at me in the corridors. However, when I tried talking to her for the first time I felt unexpectedly nervous. I could feel my heart racing and my head spinning. I became so dizzy, I nearly smashed a violin in the orchestra pit trying to move over to her. I also knocked two music stands over... I get really clumsy around crushes... She was just so sweet and we had so much in common. I wanted to know everything about her.
    During musical rehearsals, I would play Ghibli (her favourite films :lol:slight_smile: songs on the piano in a futile attempt to woo her. Eventually, I even got her to do duets with me on her flute which really made my heart sing :eusa_danc.
    We also had an English class together so I began sitting with her. I was really nervous being so close to her at first (every time she touched me it felt like electricity going through my body), but over time I got used to her company. Now, I'm completely comfortable around her.
    Eventually though, I learned she was straight when she was discussing boys she liked with a friend. I cried a little in bed about it. However, I learnt to value her just as a friend, because she is still a beautiful person.

#4 Elementsroyalty, Sep 26, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
  5. Yosia

Yup once or twice.

6. Wolfiee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There's probably a few

7. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's inevitable. No one's gaydar is 100% accurate.

8. WallWeed

I wish my attractions could be logical enough to not fall for straight girls, but alas, they're all I've ever fallen for. It's beyond frustrating and saddening, but it comes with the territory I suppose.

9. QueenOrange

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Sadly my true love is straight and with a guy. Ironically it is me she turns to when she is upset or depressed. I tried once to tell her but she rejected it. Managed to get the friendship back but it is tormenting not to be able to share my affection and love. I tried to pull away but I am incapable of doing so. I always suck myself back in. And the thought of loosing the friendship is unbearable. So I just find myself getting more withdrawn into myself with no outlet.

10. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

I'm sorry to hear that, QueenOrange. I'd like to help. :slight_smile:

Talk with people here, maybe we can at least give you an outlet. Message me if you like. :slight_smile:

11. RedDev84

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If everyone who had experienced this on this forum replied to this thread, there would honestly be hundreds of replies. You're not alone and the huge number of threads of similar stories back me up on that.

I'm currently crushing as well. I'm more than 50% sure they're straight. But not 100% either, I wouldn't rule it out. I think the worst part is just not knowing. I'm start to live with it, time helps I find.

12. SeriousJack

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Oh yeah, we've all been there. The worst part os the 'might'. If they 'might' be straight, how do you know if you should get your hopes up or move on? It drives me crazy.

13. Sepina

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  14. pace e amore

I had a crush on a straight guy that I worked with. He was the sweetest person in the world, but he moved on to college and now I'm just stuck working with all women.

15. MissRanger

MissRanger Guest

I've had multiple crushes on straight girls before and my current crush right now is actually straight. You can't really 'convert' someone and also you may not get the best response when you ask them out especially at your situation. I remembered I made a huge mistake admitting my crush to this straight girl who in the end didn't reciprocated my feelings. I was lucky enough that she didn't react negatively about it and remained as 'friends' but it also hurt that she acted like it never happened. The only part I didn't appreciate about it is how she told her sister about it. Fortunately, her family is nice and when her sister talked to me about it she didn't show any disgust on the subject. I was a naive young girl, and the sting still lingers from this day on.

My best advice is if you don't want any heartbreaks I suggest you not to pursue a friendship with this girl. Trust me, it's like playing with fire and you'll only fall head over heals for her in a long run. I can't really dictate what you want to do so if you can promise yourself that you'll be able to manage being 'friends' then go ahead.

Also you can PM if you need someone to talk about it :slight_smile:

16. wontwalkblindly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have had an on and off crush on my friend who says she's straight (I phrase it like that bc I've had people say that they're straight but later come out; just keeping closet doors open here). I just try to enjoy my friendship with her. Tho I have noticed that hugs with her are really kind of awkward... Like more so than with other friends even if I'm not as close to them. So if anyone can help me with that haha..
    Nah but honestly if its not safe for you to come out to people (even just this person), then don't. Never risk your safety, even for love.

17. PumpkinPatch

PumpkinPatch Guest

The truth is, I sometimes wonder if I was a mass murderer in my past life to deserved a struggle as tedious as sexual orientation. Unfortunately tho, everyone struggles with something. Wether it be with how you look, what you like, where you live, who controls you. No matter who you are, there will always be something you wish was different. Liking someone that can't like you the same way happens. Hey, feelings happen. We are all human. Truth is, you don't understand how many girls I had to turn down because I couldn't reciprocate the feelings that they had for me. It sucks... Having to break someones heart just because of me, and what I am like. Having to make them feel like they aren't good enough, or not pretty enough. To me, that is much worst than liking someone straight. As individuals we learn soooo much throughout our lives. And yes its unfair and all, but its our jobs to be the bigger person and wait patiently for the perfect person that utterly completes us. I have soooo many questions that I cannot find answers to. Questions that I don't think I will ever get answers to. Mostly they start with "Why". I don't know where I get the strength to "NOT" break down and quit. I don't know where I get the courage to wake up every day and face "the world". I am eternally grateful for everyone that is in my life, and for all the lessons that life has though me and the ones I have yet to learn. I think we have to look past liking "Straight" people and instead reflect on ourself and become the best person we can possibly be. Wasting time and life on pointless things that go nowhere is not good for any individuals. Acknowledging those situations and accepting the truth is hard. But at the end of the day, its what you get. Its what you have to take, and live with. Don't waste it. You only live one time, one shot. On your death bed, you don't want to look back at your life in regret. Live life for you, and make the best decisions you possibly can!

18. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh yeah most definitely

19. markosss

Yes right know I have a crush on a straight guy. It hurts..........

20. Asterac22

i have a crush on my best friend he knows and we both joke about it but, don't think he realizes how much it hurts knowing i could never be with him =/