1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New crush! Need an analysis.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by LordofNihil, Sep 26, 2014.

1. LordofNihil

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd never thought I'd come here for advice again. First of all, I love you all. Second, I have an issue deciphering what this guy I'm into said. To make things brief, he told my other friend that he "does not support homosexuality." Not even marriage, just homosexuality in general. Apparently, he doesn't "dislike/hate" people like that, but he doesn't agree with it, whatever that means. I just don't understand when people say they don't "support homosexuality." It will still be there even if you don't support and will happen. Anyway, my friends and I have assumed he's possibly a dirty heterosexual, but could there be any implied meaning behind what he said, that he doesn't support homosexuality? Could it possibly imply internalized homophobia? I don't know. I don't have any hopes for this guy, but it's worth a shot. I don't have much details, but I can add some other stuff for y'all. Oh right, this is probably important. My friend was trying to persuade him to join the "Spectrum" Club at the school to support LGBT. He just doesn't want to associate with those people, I guess??

2. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I take his comments to simply mean that he is not supportive and that's why he doesn't want to get involved in the Spectrum Club.

As there is no indication of his actions/mannerisms being at odds with his comments, it would be too much of a leap to think that he is in denial or struggling with internalised homophobia.

I don't know if there is any more detail to add, but based on what you've told us so far I see no mileage in this crush. I'm sorry, but I think he knows his mind.

3. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah...you're not getting anywhere with him.