1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So tired

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Starfleet, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

I'm just so tied of everything being a fight. I was never man enough for my Dad, but he'd tell me I was stupid for wanting to join the Marines. I was always supposed to be quiet, unless he thought being quiet meant that I was pitying myself. Mom just wanted us not to make waves. They wondered why I was sad and angry. I was diagnosed BiPolar at 15, and it was only then I was told that Mom *and* Dad had extensive psychiatric histories. But more meds must be the answer, and of course I didn't get well fast enough. One session with a psychiatrist should be enough, right?

I was hospitalized for 5 months at 17. I told Dad some scary thoughts, next thing I knew I was in the back of a police car for an hours-and-hours long ride to a mental hospital. The cops asked why I hadn't slept? I thought I was going to jail!

I tried to tell them about my sexuality on a home visit. I wished I could be like Captain America, but I also wished I could be like female superhero - super hottie - Black Widow. I didn't know how else to say it. Dad just said I obviously need more meds.

Home again at 18. Declared disabled. I didn't even try to make friends for 5 years, and finally made some real friendships in 1999. My anime friends, with an anime store. I was out and about all the time, hanging out, trying to work, to live. But I knew I didn't really fit in. The female half of the store owner team wanted me, and I wanted her. She was married, but I still asked. She turned me down, then chased me for months and told me how I needed to be less passive. Then she found a boyfriend that looked so much like me that strangers asked if he and I were brothers. Then she canned me.

Nobody even talked to me for a month. I found a new therapist. Trying to get well, meds and therapy. My therapist was a woman in her 40s, and hot. Fun to talk to, caring. I fell in love with her. One day, she said it was our last session, she was quitting. Let's go out. She took me to her apartment, said my boyfriend is out. But I was scared, and I couldn't.

A few years pass, we moved to another town. Dad bought a new house, then got too sick to work. He died 4 months later. He kept wanting to talk to me, but there was literally nothing he had to say that I wanted to hear. Hey, I'm being quiet Dad. Lose the house, move to a shitty apartment with Mom. Get my first PC and internet in 08. A new life! Things to do, people to meet. Fell in love with a woman I met on a toy collecting site. She said I was perfect for her, but what she meant was I was perfect to dragoon into her plan of catching up with her bestie. Marriage and kids, as long as I got with the program. Get working, move across the country. Be Superman for her - she literally said that. After I attempted suicide, I finally realized, that when she told me she was my last chance or die alone, that I was better off alone. I broke up with her. She kept contacting me for 2-3 years.

Tried online dating. Got 2 nibbles and 1 date looking for a Sugar Daddy. Still had my anime friends, made new online friends. The pressures of denying my sexuality got harder to bear. Finally, a couple of years ago, i realized I was Bisexual, and it was time to admit it to myself or end it all. So I came out. Friends were shocked, but supportive. Mom surprised, but she just wants me to be happy. I *was* happy, for a month. My psychiatrist found out I had also come out on FB, said we should double my Abilify. Why not? She's a doc.

End of happiness. I'm a fucking zombie. Depressed, listless, anxious. A beloved friend from Australia drops me. She can't take the changes. My anime friends are disrespectful, distant, uncaring. My brother drops me in April. No one is talking to me. I quit all my meds, cold turkey. A month of withdrawal, but I'm clearer. I can think. I go a year isolated. This past March, I try once more with anime friends. Crash with them for the weekend. I get critizism, avoidance, disgust. They hope I wont embarrass them at our scale mode club meeting. I make a deal with one of them, to buy the extra anime doll he accidentally ordered, with next month. Get home, Mom's been manic, spent the bill money. Get that sorted, barely keep the electricity on. Tell my friends that things are tough, gonna need a month to recover. Can't buy the doll til June, sorry. They stop speaking to me, except for friend 'M'. June arrives, tell him I'm severely depressed. Stops talking to me for 10 days. I was last hospitalized for suicide attempt in 2011, back then he says "why didn't you call me? I'm here." 10 days of silence. Email from M -how you feeling? Still severely depressed. 10 days more silence. eMail from M. New Gundam DVD from Japan. You up for the weekend? No, still depressed, plus my sister has a crisis. Sorry.
    10 more days of quiet. Email, hey want to see the new gun I bought? I didn't answer. Blocked his emails instead.

Lonely Summer. Lots of depression. Lots of suicidal thinking. Got to try something new. New neighbors in complex. Cool people, friendly young marrieds w/ kids. Take a chance. They ask, why aren't I married or dating, huh? Tell them. It's cool, they say get back out there, find a bed friend. You need to cuddle. :slight_smile:

Find you all. Learn so much. Sexuality, Gender. That people still care. But it's so hard. I'm so tired. Will I ever get what I want? Thinking suicide. Decide to ask for help instead. Help me, please.

Sorry for all these words.

2. Blossom85

Awe, never feel sorry for wanting to open up and vent to us.. I'm sorry you have gone through all this in your life.. I think deciding to ask for help is a big thing and you should be proud of that. I don't know what I could really say, life is often hard and painful, but I think sometimes all you need is to know there is someone who will listen and who cares enough to listen to you.

I know for me, sometimes there is no easy answers, but just being able to talk can make you feel a little better, so just keep talking to us and know that we are here for you.
    Even though I don't have any professional advice or anything, I wanted to respond to you to let you know we are here.. Just try focusing on things you like to do.. Do you like to garden at all? Or maybe get involved in something in the community that will make you feel good.. But just know you have friends here who will talk and listen to you and be here for you.

3. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

Thanks, Blossom. It means a lot. :slight_smile:

Tomorrow, at the apartments, we're having a big Bash/Party. Our manager is a drummer in a rock band, and that should be neat.

Thanks for caring. :slight_smile: I don't want to give up, I just don't know what to do next.

4. CrazyAwkward

Sorry you're feeling so down right now. I know things can get hard sometimes, but we're all here for you (*hug*)

I can't say I've been through a lot of the things you've been through. But I understand how tough it can be when everyday seems like a struggle and it feels like nothing will ever change. But things always change. Life does get better. Sometimes not as fast as we'd like, but it does get better. In the meantime, we're here, and you can vent using as many words as you want. We don't mind. I wish I could say more to help you feel better. Hopefully this will help at least a little bit (*hug*)

5. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

Thanks. You are more help than you know. :slight_smile:

6. CrazyAwkward

You're welcome :slight_smile: If you ever need to talk about anything you can message me anytime

7. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

Thank you. I have literally never told all this stuff before, but some of it I never figured out before, either.

8. CrazyAwkward

I know what you mean. It can be a little overwhelming to finally start sorting things out. But it's totally worth it :slight_smile:

9. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

Yeah. Maybe I can get this sorted out now.

10. Blossom85

You are welcome (*hug*)

That sounds like it would be nice..

Sometimes the first step is getting it out and talking about it and knowing even though no one else has been in your shoes, we are here and care, and sometimes knowing someone cares and is there to talk if you need to is a big thing and can make you feel a lot better.. Just never be scared to post saying you are not doing so well yourself.. I have seen you post and helping so many others, so just don't forget to keep asking for it as well. (*hug*)

11. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

Thanks, Blossom. When I was at my worst tonight, I remembered you saying earlier to ask for help if I need it. :slight_smile: So I did.

12. paisleydaisy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Damn. You have been through some real crap, though I would choose a better word. Seems like everyone you needed just let you down.

You must be a very strong person. I say this as someone who has been let down a million times as well. I can tell that you have not given up on yourself or the world, like so many people would.

Listen; you don't need anyone but yourself. I don't mean like you need to have friends and stuff; I mean you can rely on yourself, and trust yourself. Just do what you know you have to do, live the life you want to live, and don't worry what other people think. People like you can handle that kind of freedom.

13. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

Thanks, Daisy. :slight_smile: It means a lot. I'm trying to trust again.

14. AsheTheHuman

You're legitimately amazing. Here you've been the last couple of days, helping me out. Some kid less than half your age cutting themselves. When I realized I had missed your messages I looked at them all. You were legitimately worried about me. You cared. And all the while you were contemplating suicide? You said something like this to me yesterday, and I'd heard these words before but it wasn't until you said them that I actually believed them. You're brave, smart and kind. I'm sure that with whatever you want to do you'll find success. I want you to start believing these words too, because they're the truth. Thank you. I know I've been saying that time and time again, but thank you. <3 Don't give up, alright? And I want to let you know, all those offers you made to talk to me? Well, those go two ways. (*hug*)

15. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

Thank you Ashe. You've moved me to tears. I wont give up. :slight_smile:

I have friends now. :slight_smile: Thank you all, so very much.

16. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

Hey Everypony. :slight_smile: I'm doing better now, thank you. Been a long, long day. I'm going to get some sleep. I'll be back in the morning, I promise.

Thank you all, so much. You'll never know how much it means.

17. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

Good Morning, Everypony. :slight_smile: Up early, but I slept really well. Things look better already today. Thank you again for the support. I feel like there are happy days ahead soon, things to look forwards to.

18. Blossom85

Good Morning Hun,

It's good to see you feeling positive and happy.. I am glad to hear it. Your welcome, anytime you need support or advice, we are here.

19. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

Hi Blossom. :slight_smile: Thanks again, I really do feel like a part of something at EC, and it feels wonderful to belong.

20. Blossom85

It is wonderful to feel you belong to something and this is really a fantastic place to be. It is one of the most supportive forums I have ever been involved with. I am glad you feel happy here, you are fitting right in.