1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So many questions about this guy

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Jirachi, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Jirachi

Hello everyone.

So there's this guy I really like who at first I have no chance with as I was about 99% sure he was straight. But that percentage starts decreasing as I spend more time with him. Firstly, he's extremely good-looking. Girls in school keeps greeting him and kept smiling at him, hell, I don't even know if they know his name. He usually just either smile back at them or totally ignores them which I find kind of rude, but oh well.. He has lots of friends, and when I say a lot, I mean A LOT. I've been in my school since Year 7 to this day, I'm in Year 13, but made very little friends. Most I don't hang around with at all, apart from my best friend. Him on the other hand who just entered our school in Year 12 have like two or three friendship groups already. One of his friendship group are actually my friends whose parents actually knows my parents. I just don't speak to them a lot. In other words, this guy is very popular. It's kind of expected as he's very joyful and enthusiastic. I, on the other hand is extremely shy around people I don't really know much, but goes crazy more than he does with people I actually know well.

SIGNS:

Staring
    As for me and him, I would say he's a not so close friend of mine. He does speak to me from time to time, but mostly just about school-work since he's in my class 70% of the time, but it's usually nothing personal. One thing though, is every time he starts a conversation with me, it seems like he's staring at my very soul. In lessons, I always catch him staring at me for no reason. I keep wanting to stare back but I feel really awkward. He does make ways just so it would seem like he has to look at my direction. For example, he turns his laptop in the direction where I am despite doing so puts him in such an uncomfortable position. Another way is by putting his head on the desk pretending to be day-dreaming and staring into a midst of nothingness, even though what he's doing was painfully obvious. One time, I tried to move my head around, but he quickly turned away. The other time, during lessons, he has a friend who's name rhymes so well with mine. He was calling him, thinking it was me, I turned around and looked at him. We stared at each other for like 3-5 seconds, and because he wasn't saying anything, I realized I wasn't the one he called so I turned my head back. I even caught him staring at me at a distance of about 15m. Literally, We were in different rooms and just as I turned my head around, I noticed, he was looking at me.

Close Body Contact
    One time, we went into a trip and we have to go in a coach where one side has two seats and the other side had three. Me and My best-friend kept going on the seats where there's 3 seats as it gave us space to put our bags in as well as move around. On our way back from the trip, my best friend already got into the coach and saved us the 3 seats, as I went in, there was a bag on the edge of the seat so that leaves one seat for me to sit in. Then this very same guy went inside the coach, and he couldn't sit next to his friends (who was sitting on the side with two seats) as it was full. However, I could remember this two other seats that was free and was way closer to his friends that he could have sat on. One of the seats had this guy who I was pretty sure he was friends with, and the other was a 3 seater (that was just behind us and placed exactly the opposite of where his friends sat which was extremely close) where two people are sitting down. Instead he chose to sit next to me where the bag was. He then took the bag, asked me if it was mine, (I said no) and then tossed it aside. Here's the freaky bit. The journey was about 1 and a half hour long, and we did do quite a lot of walking during the trip, so he wanted to sleep, His head was literally leaning up and down my shoulder. I kept moving away up to no avail, as there's literally no space, all of our bodies are literally touching whatever we do. As time goes, he just straight up slept on my shoulder and the people in front of us were laughing their heads of. Teachers even took a picture of us. It was really embarrassing. Also, during assemblies, when we happen to sit next to each other, he kept wanting his body to physically touch mine even though it's possible not to. I just stopped reacting.

Extremely Nice to me
    Okay, this is probably the weakest argument I have here as he's just probably a naturally nice guy, but I'm gonna say it anyway. He kept opening doors for me despite the fact I'm still far behind him. During the trip that I was talking about above. (Just on our way there). My friend dropped a coin inside the coach. There wasn't a lot of space to look for it so we decided to just look for it once we arrived where the coach has stopped and everyone has gotten off. As we arrived to our destination, We remained in our seats as everyone leaves (We we're sitting near at the front btw), but this guy who was sitting somewhere behind us stopped and asked us to go pass (thinking that we couldn't get out because people started leaving really quickly). I said, "no it's ok", then he replied with, "go on..". It's not until I explained that we were looking for something that he just continued to leave. Take note, the reason why there was barely any seats left on our way back was because he asked me to go in the coach first despite me standing behind him. I honestly never seen him does it to anyone, but it's probably just because I'm no there when he does it.

OTHERS
    He is way more enthusiastic and more loud and more messy when I'm in the room with our common friends (to the point where he starts throwing papers around the room like a shuriken which nearly hit me). I also noticed that his voice was way more high-pitched than normal and he's way more talkative. He acts a certain way which I can only describe through explanation. It's as if he's more sensitive about things that aren't really that of massive importance. For example, his friend says, "I was asked to stay after-school so I can't take the bus with you", he literally replied with "No you don't!, No you don't, Are you being serious?! omg,", and I was literally just like, "okaaayy.." PS: I recorded the whole conversation just because I was so annoyed of how loud they are that I couldn't hear what I was watching on my laptop despite having my earphones on. (fake reason obviously).

I know I'm probably being a bit really delusional here as I'm thinking things way too much. I'm just so confused on his actions. I'd normally just get on with life, and ignore the fact that I met a painfully good looking person :bang: that I will never be with, but something is making me think otherwise. Help would be appreciated. thanks.

edit: Oh and sorry for an extremely long reply.

#1 Jirachi, Sep 27, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
  2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What you have described may or may not mean he's into you. You need to take the initiative and try to be closer to him. Think of it as a new, real friendship. Don't always be passive.

3. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yup, what Resu said. I took the initiative with my last crush for once and we're now much more friendly to one another even if he doesn't like me that way :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Just try to get closer and go with the flow.

4. Jirachi

I actually am trying to be a closer friend to him, It's just that I have nothing to talk to him about. One time, we got out of class together so I was walking with him as we leave the school. We can't talk about anything. It was really awkward, so I kept trying to avoid walking with him from then. Thanks for the advice :slight_smile:

5. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Haha nice. Lol whenever guys do that to me I feel really attracted to them. Usually I don't tell them I'm not straight though, I kind of just play along :grin:
    Dam sometimes I wonder tho...

6. Jirachi

I know!
    It's like they know you like them and they're trying to mess with your mind.

Oh god, I swear, one time. I went outside with my best friend and he was playing basketball with his friends. The weather was quite hot then and out of the blue, he just literally took his shirt off. I didn't even notice until my friend said so. I was like, damn!, are you actually doing that on purpose to tease me?!.

And yes, we were in school.