1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I be motivated again

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by MissRanger, Sep 28, 2014.

1. MissRanger

MissRanger Guest

Hi, lately I've been feeling down and unmotivated. All my motivations and passion faded away which is affecting ‘my future plans’. What drives me to ‘work’ have always been to impress my parents and exceed this girl whom I feel I have a competition with. Now I'm all flustered because I’ve lost my drive. My straight A’s went to B’s and C’s which is flustering because I worked so hard to maintain my GPA. At the same time, a part of me is exhausted of all this and I just want to take a break. My future plans are fading and I don’t even know what I want to do in life. I want to be able to get back but I feel hopeless. Are there piece of advice or wisdom to get me back on track? What/who are your motivations?

2. CrazyAwkward

Hey! I'm sorry you've been feeling down lately (*hug*)

I was in a similar place just recently. Couldn't find the motivation to do things I liked, or things I had to do, which really interfered with my work life. It wasn't easy, but what got me over it was to just do things, even when I wasn't really feeling it. Talking about it here helped too. It wasn't easy, and I'm still having moments where it's not, but it got better.
    There aren't really any people I'm trying to please that I use for motivation. Just myself. Each day I try to be a better person than I was the day before. I don't always succeed, but having that goal always keeps pushing me forward, even during the times I just want to give up.

I hope this helps a little, and I hope you start feeling like your old self again soon.

3. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Depression. It happened to me too, make sure you get help before it gets really bad