1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need a distraction

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by derek994, Sep 28, 2014.

1. derek994

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    so I broke up with my gf a week ago, but we still talked and tried to be friends. I finally decided to not talk anymore (partially her decision, too, because I had sex with someone and she got mad even though I was already single).
    I blocked her number then her best friend texted me saying stuff.
    Basically being harassed and I need a distraction.
    I broke up with her for the better because I think I'm gay and I kind of talked with her about it and, even if she didn't believe me, it was a big reason for me breaking up with her.

I just need a distraction.

2. Blossom85

Awe Hun, I'm sorry to hear this news.. I think any break up even if you were the one who broke it off is going to be hard and painful to deal with, especially if her friends are harassing you. I think you should also block the friends number as well if you haven't already. I think if you feel like you are moving towards being gay, then breaking up is probably the beys thing to do.. You don't want to get more seriously involved with her and then have to have that conversation and break up and if you feel there wasn't a future for you and here, then that is also another good reason.

Distractions: Well, what kind of things do you like to do? Maybe spend time with some of your friends, maybe go out and do something in the community, watch a movie, listen to music.. Focus on other things.. Are you working or in college? Maybe focus on the positive things in your life. It took me a while to get my ex off my mind.. But I know my niece helped a lot even if she doesn't realize it.

3. derek994

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you, that made me feel better.

I'm a student and I'm the Vice President of a service organization. It keeps me busy. I guess I'll have more time for studying now.

Thank you, though. Even the fact that you took time to respond made me feel better.