1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Theres this really cool guy in my youth group

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Celatus, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I go to my local church for youth group meetings and there's this guy who I think is really cute :slight_smile:
    The thing is that I'm actually not even sure if he's straight or not. Lol I played Chopin on the Steinway randomly in the sanctuary and he literally said I love you and I was like thanks man XD
    Then later when I read out loud he said he thought my voice was very nice. In fact he literally said it was "erotic" in an almost honest way lol. Haha I almost cracked and came out to him right there, but he seems like a totally straight guy. I mean I don't want to freak him out or anything. Should I tell him? I was not expecting that from him lol. I can't tell if he's being a bro or like if he's not straight. Anyway he's really cute :grin:

2. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hang out with him a bit before you tell him anything, but I'd definitely follow up on this one!

3. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Anybody have guy friends you wonder about?

4. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Okay so at youth group we did this dumb closing thing where we all hold hands and we held hands and he told me my hand was soft XD omg so cute I am totally attracted to him :grin: ...just not quite sure about his orientation...

5. Notlad

Keep calm and wait till you know for sure! But all of that is pretty convincing.

6. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Haha yeah ikr? Not really sure though :/ lol he's probably either closeted or in denial

7. Bromance

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Is it possible he knows you are gay? Is anyone else around when he says the things you mentioned? Does he make eye contact with you more than what one would consider to be normal? It sure sounds like he is flirting with you, but the previous posters are right. Wait til you know for sure, but definitely spend more time with him.

8. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds like the time to start bringing up LGBT issues and seeing how he responds. Keep us informed, sounds promising.

9. shinji

shinji Guest

What everyone already said... + this: ↓↓↓

Get him alone, and make a compliment about something personal he has, observe his reaction. Try to take interest in his hobbies, and if you share some, make plans for something. Like... "oh, you like chasing squirrels, yeah that's fun, let's do it!".

For your own good, you need to approach this with a clear head, that means you should stop obsessing over whether he is gay and into you, or not. This will give you the opportunity to operate more smoothly/safely and make a final conclusion.

10. photoguy93

I'd try to become his friend and do things with him outside of your Youth Group. Something about that setting doesn't really get the pistons going. Ha!

I will say, though, that in my experience those type's of environments are great for the "Narnia" Gays. You know, the ones that are so far in the closet they found Narnia. Just wanting to prepare you so you won't get too involved right now.

11. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No one can be certain, but from what you are saying, my guess is he's floating subtle signs and probably knows you're gay.

It's possible he's straight and very comfortable with himself, but straight guys would generally not make comments about how soft your hands are, or that your voice is erotic. So I echo the thoughts of the others... time to find something innocuous to do outside of the youth group. Some sort of shared activity -- bowling can be fun -- and maybe invite one or two other people so it doesn't look/sound like a date.

It is also quite possible that he is struggling and putting off those signs, but also not ready to own that he's gay (or even be fully aware consciously that he is.) So you have to be prepared for the possibility he isn't interested/is afraid and unwilling to acknowledge what he's feeling, etc.

But I would definitely cultivate further communication with him.

12. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks Chip :slight_smile: