1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to learn how to do taxes

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by stocking, Sep 29, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I asked my mom and my dad to teach how to do taxes but they keep telling me ,I don't need to know. I've been asking since I was a teenager.Since I'm planning to live on my own, I really need to know.
    My mom told me if my job doesn't give me ,a W2 I can't do taxes is this true.
    I'm wondering if H&R block teaches it.

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "Doing taxes" is actually not that difficult. If you don't have any dependents (children), and don't own property (if you're renting), then you can usually use the "EZ" form, which as the name implies is pretty easy.

But yes - you're going to need the W2 from your employer in order to get your taxes done. Because that will show you how much money you made over the year, and how much taxes were withheld.

[​IMG]

I usually file my taxes using TurboTax online. That makes things even easier. You just type in the information they ask for, and they work out how much you owe (or how much you're owed back).

Lex

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think my mom learned it from H&R block. That will allow you to be a licensed tax preparer.