1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Applying for College in London

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Jinkies, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So my parents recently asked where I'd be going after I finish my stuff at this Community college. There were (and technically are still) two routes to go with this:

1. I move out to the UK by the summer, and go to college there.
    2. I go somewhere else in the US and finish perhaps a Bachelor's Degree.

It's obvious that both my boyfriend and I are sick of being an entire ocean and half a country away from each other. And apparently, there's a way to get a Student visa, even with the current weird situation I'm in.

So with both of those in mind, the gears we've put in place for me to move overseas are already beginning to turn. We've decided London is probably the best area for the both of us.

With that said, I'm very aware there are differences and obstacles I'm going to be facing. So, what should I expect? Being a film student, what schools are the ones to be going to? How does the application process work, and above all, how hard is it to get in, especially as a transfer student from the US?

Any answers are greatly appreciated.

2. wardrobeescaper

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    First off I would ask, are you just looking to move to the UK to be with your boyfriend? how long have you been with him etc?

3. Hexagon

Well, the first thing you have to know is that it's known as university in the UK :wink:.

Check this site out, it had a course search feature that searches all the courses at all the public universities in the country.