1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Do You Cope/Deal With Straight Crushes?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Finaru, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Finaru

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So recently, I've fallen head over heels for this guy. He's extremely cute, I literally melt when he smiles, and has those puppy dog eyes that are so impossibly hard to resist. He also does gymnastics, which I find incredibly hot. Sad thing is, we don't go to the same school and I have almost zero percent chance in actually meeting him, and I can't vent these feelings of mine to anyone since the only person I'm out to are my two brothers that are in college. :C

Anyways, how is it that you guys deal with situations like these? Do you drown yourselves in ice cream knowing you can never have this "straight" person of yours while watching re-runs of your favorite drama? Or do you do some weird ritual you have to get over this kind of thing?

P.S. There's a small chance he might be gay(He posted a video saying he was gay, even though it was probably a joke, and some other stuff that has led me on to think there is a possible chance of him being gay), and I'm going to attempt to try and get to know him through some mutual friends of mine that go to his school. Do you think this is a good idea?

2. Aberrant

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Topic 1: How do I cope?

Well, honestly.. I just don't do anything! I guess it varies by the situation. If you can't get to know him, then I suppose you would have to drown yourself in ice cream and think other thoughts. If I like someone, I just admire from a distance. It's safe, comfortable, and won't get me in trouble. Of course, that's how I prefer to do things. It's something I'd get over eventually.

Topic 2: Could he be gay?

..No? Yes? Guys do that thing all the time. Y'know, act like one thing just for the sake of it. If he posted a video, chances are that it is a joke. One thing I've learned: Someone could fit standards and stereotypes, but still be something else even when you're convinced otherwise. If you think it's a good idea to get to know him just to be friends, then I'd go for it. But I think it's risky on the contrary.

Just my opinion, I guess..?

3. shinji

shinji Guest

I'll keep this simple since i'm barely seeing the screen at this point...

Coping - ice-cream...buckets of it. Best way though - finding a new obsession!

Stalk his Facebook, add him as a friend and message him this:

"Hey, heard you were gay, wanna hook up?"

He will either deny being gay to which you reply - "Aww, too bad... Hey if you change your mind, you know where to find me."

...or he will say "yes".

Extensive use of silly emotes is necessary to alleviate the seriousness of the situation.

Also, save yourself some trouble, just "work" under the assumption he IS gay, would make things a lot easier than if you had to second guess. Dude basically came out and you still question it? Silly...

Accidental bumps are also a plan, just quickly walk up behind him and then bump shoulders as you go past him at which point you go like:

"Damn, sorry i don't know where i was looking."

...and take it from there with this:

"Hey, you seem familiar do we know each other?"

Him - no, i don't think so

You - "Okay then, my name is blah blah blah, wanna go out for ice-cream sometime?"

Important! Eye contact, self confidence... don't take it seriously, sarcasm helps, take a deep breath... realize that him rejecting you would actually be a good thing as well (you'll stop obsessing).

Okay good night (-, – )…zzzZZZ

4. Finaru

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yea, I've pretty much stalked his Facebook like countless times lol. I'm gonna try to get my friend to introduce use to each other lol, I don't have the balls to do that bumping in with each other. I would probably end up bumping into him so hard I would either fall over, or he would fall over lol. Thanks for the advice though, I'll keep that in mind for my future endeavors of obtaining a man to my liking lol.

5. tulipinacup

Basically I stab my eyes out, Jk. It usually goes away lol. Whenever I have a straight crush on someone, it usually lasts for a day or two because I already know I don't have a chance.

6. Finaru

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    -Sighs internally-
    Why is life so hard for us, I wish everybody could just be bisexual or pansexual :C