1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to tell?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by nosnaws91, Sep 29, 2014.

1. nosnaws91

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So I finally came out to my mom and sister. I wasn't really planning to do so for a really long time because I was terrified. But yesterday night I just grew so fed up with always feeling guilty and hating myself and feeling down and scared of my future all the time and just sort of.. blurted it out. I was absolutely terrified of what my moms reaction would be as I've heard her drop homophobic remarks before. I wasn't worried about my sister cause we have always been really close and I have never ever connected with really anyone but her. Anyway it all went waaaay better than I thought. My mom and sister were very supportive and loving about it and it made me feel safe and loved for the first time in a REALLY long time and I really like that feeling again haha. I could tell my mom was a little uncomfortable hearing the news and she didn't really like it but she was trying hard to hide the fact that she didn't like it and was nothing but supportive so I am hoping she will be able to grow comfortable with this, but I know she is trying her best to do so.

Anyway, I am scared I will never find someone for me. I've never been in any relationship ever and I am 20 years old and a college student. I don't want to be alone forever but most importantly I want to find someone that will love me for me and as much as I love them. I want someone that I can trust and share a special bond with. Someone that will make me happy and I will make them happy. But I am scared it won't happen.

There is this girl at my new job that is 19 and we have been getting to know each other a bit the past few days as we have been working on the same projects throughout the day and just talking and sharing things about ourselves with each other. She is really cute and I was interested in her the moment I saw her. She just carries herself well and she has a really pretty smile and she is caring and friendly and easy to talk to and the little things she does are just adorable. The problem is I can't tell if she is gay! Parts of me think she is and I like to think that I have decent "gaydar" because I have figured it out about many people before and have only been wrong like once. But I can't tell if my gaydar is corrupted because of the fact that I have a huge crush on her. Any tips on how to tell? She dresses like a normal girl, has normal hair and pretty much has normal girly mannerisms, but idk there is just something about her that tips my gadar off. Also she used to go to a Christian school so that worries me that she may be homophobic as my family are all christians and some of them are veeeerrrryyyy homophobic. Although just because she is christian doesn't rule it out either as I am a christian and I'm out. Although only to my mom and sister right now. I don't plan on really coming out to other people unless I am asked or it naturally comes up and I feel comfortable around them. Gosh I really hope she is gay cause she is amazing. :icon_redf

Anyway, if she isn't gay what are some ways to meet other gay girls. I am more into the girly lesbians lol. I don't really want to join a LGBT group, at least not yet. I am transferring colleges next semester (still around the same location I am now so I won't be moving or anything) but the problem is that there are some people at my current school that i really don;t want to know I am out as they are old friends that stopped being friends with me because they "thought" I was gay, even though I denied it at the time. but they were homophobic and not very nice so it was tfor the best that we aren't friends anymore.

Any tips for me or words of advice would be awesome and appreciated. Thanks :icon_bigg

2. Abdadhie

If you don't want to meet up with new people at LGBT groups you could try gay/lesbian bars or even gay rights rallies? You could and try to ask this girl if she's lesbian. Or just slip it into conversation. Ask her if she has a boyfriend or whatever. I'm probably not very good at giving advice but anyway. Hope I helped!