1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

He stares at me a lot but is straight?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Enzomanxo, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Enzomanxo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    (I'm an 18 year old closet-ish gay guy)

There is this guy that has a girlfriend and is very masculine. He works out a lot and he's really built and doesn't give a direct impression of being gay, but I notice when I look over at him he is usually always looking back at me.

I know this guy from school and we aren't really friends but like nice acquaintances. We just graduated this summer and I recently got a new job at a grocery store and about a month after I did, he got a job there because his friend works there, go figure. Needless to say I was nervous excited because I've had a secret crush on him since 8th grade. In school he used to look at me and now at work whenever he walks by the area I work, or has to be around it, I notice that the staring hasn't changed.

When I check him out I am very discreet about it. So he for sure doesn't know I do it a lot, but it seems like I when look up at him most times he's looking back. Like I said, he has a girlfriend and seems to have interest in girls but it's weird and hard to tell. When I'm in close proximity he gets awkward and nervous and actually just today at work he had to help a couple of people and I clean my area. While I was washing dishes my brother visited me at work with our friend while my crush was there helping clean. I was doing dishes with my back turned and after work my brother told me his eyes were glued to my butt... And I found that funny because freshman year of high school he jokingly told me I had a nice butt while I was leaning over getting help from a teacher..

I've been told my butt is nice before and I don't think I'm a bad looking guy just to give a clearer picture. I just am so confused about him. I get nervous around him but not really that bad tonight and he seemed like he was trying to get me to talk to him by asking me questions and actually using my name every time. I was flattered all night and had a hard time talking a lot with him. His face got red at one point because I like giggled at him for thinking a desk was heavy but I wasn't being mean at all, it was a laugh meaning "I know it's heavy and it's cute you think it is since you're so muscular". And also when we made eye contact tonight I noticed that he instantly smiled and looked away..

Soo anyways. I'm posting this to see if anybody has opinions about this or similar stories. I'm already shy enough when it comes to talking to people so I can't really just make friends with him out of no where. Thanks for reading.

2. Harvey Dent

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi Enzomanxo, welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

I used to be rather shy myself, but I'm nowhere near the level I used to be. I'd say it wouldn't hurt to get to know him and be friends with him, especially since you work with him now and it would help work relations too at the very least. I'm always more shy if i find the person I'm talking to is attractive, but after a while I become more comfortable, and I think getting more used to him and conversating with him will help you as well.