1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Time in Love

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by SpaceSuit, Oct 1, 2014.

1. SpaceSuit

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Help?

I'm in love with someone and it's the first time. I'm 26 and have never been in a romantic relationship. I have no idea how to move forward. I'm afraid to ask her if she's gay, because right now I think we're in "friends" territory and I don't want to lose that if I don't ask it right... or if she gets offended or... it's just scary. :help: How do you find out if someone is gay??? My best friend says to "just ask", but I've hinted and brought up the subject and she's never really given any straight answers just... ambiguous responses.

Also, I feel like since I'm 26 and she's 21 that I'm too old or something. Again, this is my first time wanting to start a relationship with someone. Any advice would be great.

2. NatWheeled

Ask her but be teasing bout it so you have an out if she reacts badly. Ask her if there's any guyb she's crushing on. If she says no ask if there's any girl, and catch for a reaction. If she starts to get upset tell her you were just kidding. But if her face goes red n she can't quite look at you....well that's a sign. She may even tell you outright if she has a crush on a girl.

3. SpaceSuit

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you. That is very helpful. I hadn't considered that tactic. :slight_smile:. Thanks! I will try that the next time we hang out.

Er...but what do I do if she does say she's gay??? Do I just jump right in and tell her how I feel? I don't deal with stressful situations well and tend to either start stuttering uncontrollably or going completely blank. Do I just say I have had a crush on her since the first time we met or would that be a weird way to say it? Never confessed to anyone before.

4. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

I have near-zero dating experience, but if she's Gay too, you could say something like "would you like to go out on a date?" Seriously, I think that would be a good way. Then it's just up to her, but you'll have shown a good interest. :slight_smile: Good Luck.

5. Asterac22

Just ask her out for a drink if she turns out to be gay and go from there :slight_smile:!

6. SpaceSuit

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you! I think I might have been over thinking things, because those ideas had never occurred to me.

7. NatWheeled

Well let us know how it goes :slight_smile: