1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So am i an ignorant bastard or what?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Confused Teen18, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Confused Teen18

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm in my second year at University. I have this course "Organizational Behavior" for which a group presentation is required. I'm in a group with 3 other members.

The only free day i have is Friday. Last Thursday night i was home doing homework when i received a text from one group member saying "We are having group meeting tomorrow". I replied with "And you are telling me now? I had plans for tomorrow". She was like "i don' care.. we have to meet'. This was quite upsetting but i showed up the next day. I realized that it was quite rude because they had not gotten the group together to discuss a specified time to meet. But the work was important, so i went.

Now, yet another Friday, They announced that they're having another meeting. Like the fool i am, i came. I've been at school for like two hours now and i've not heard from any of them.I texted them but they aren't answering. I am so UPSET!! i feel like crying, throwing desks, punching somebody, cursing or something.

Any advice? I NEED IT.

2. GrumpyOldLady

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh my God ... the irony ... a course in Organizational Behaviour and four people can't manage to organize a meeting time together ...

Sometimes the only thing you can do is laugh.

3. Kriskluwe

Kriskluwe Guest

I'm a freshman (1st yr) and Ive been forced into 2 groups and 2 lab partners . I don't play well with others generally so...as far as the time thing and yours being yours , I'm pretty sure that ended when you decided to start undergrad work. When you have diff people schedules differ. What you can do is kinda demand that they give you more organized and advanced notice of mtgs but even so, it's your college " career" so...
    Now the punching and throwing shit I highly recommend just cuz ....

4. androgyne

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My only advice is talk to them. Politely. Be really obvious and state that you think you all should have a more active conversation about when to meet out. Tell them that you just can't make it to a meeting just like that, but that you all should decide a day or so earlier. Mention how you have other projects and so on.

Group projects sucks, they always stresses me out, because not only do you have to do your work but you also have to take other people into consideration. The best way to deal with stuff like that is to suck it up, play nice, and then find a healthy way to control your anger and stress without it being bottled up. I suggest being really mean to them in your head and mentally convince yourself that you are superior and that their bad behavior is a result of a defect in their DNA.

Hope it all goes well.

5. Confused Teen18

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i'm not much of a talker. And even if i were, it would be 3 against 1. They are all friends with each other.

6. Sepina

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lay it down, if they're not willing to communicate with you then tell them. Staying quite will do you no favours. Is this the first time they've done this?

7. Confused Teen18

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Not my first time, but these group members are just the worst. I usually just shut my mouth, for argument's sake.

8. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Tell your professor. You don't want to carry their sorry asses to an easy grade.

9. SpaceSuit

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I second this.