1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel kind of like an asshole

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Celatus, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My impulsive nature sometimes causes me to say rude or negative things without even thinking about them. At times I can be insensitive or rude, but usually I am very nice, tolerant, and friendly with most people. It's not that I don't care about other people, I just tend to be brutally honest, blunt, and direct when I disagree with others' opinions. I usually feel really bad when I accidentally say such things. On occasion I can be rude without even realizing it. Does anybody else deal with impulsivity? :confused:
    It's easy to say just think about what you say before you say it but sometimes it just slips out and by then it's too late.

2. Leader233

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Spank your self

3. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Lol that doesnt work XD

4. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    All the time.

5. Zelos

I'm not really sure how to answer. Maybe you should actually say the thing you're about to say once in head before and ask yourself "will I hurt anyone if I say this?" and not saying it if it does.
    Otherwise you can just listen to the person and not give your opinion. It's what I do when people I dislike or with whom I disagree with speak to me. I let them speak and nod, but in my mind I've already dismantled their reasoning :grin:

6. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! While there is nothing wrong with being brutally honest, blunt and direct in certain circumstances, and depending with whom you speak or have a conversation, and you disagree with them, it could come back to bite you in a really bad way. It could even have an impact on your success in life - depending on the person you are speaking/having a conversation with.

If you are having a conversation with somebody and you can't find something that you agree on or your opinions on a subject matter are diametrically opposed, try to end the conversation with 'lets agree to disagree' and walk away from it. Plus, and as the above poster mentioned, it might be worthwhile not to say anything and just let it roll by you. It is something you might need to learn doing, and it's going to take a bit of time to learn not to respond.

Out of curiosity, to what kind of conversations are you referring to?