1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Showing lgbtq pride in the winter?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by wontwalkblindly, Oct 4, 2014.

1. wontwalkblindly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay so I've been wearing a rainbow bracelet for about a month, and I've had people comment on it, and made connections with people, and it's all really great.
    But winter is basically here where I live, and so I will be wearing sweatshirts/long sleeves pretty much every day, and my bracelet will not be visible anymore.
    Any suggestions on how to show pride in another way, that will be visible in these winter months?

2. Pluie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Maybe try a pin or two? I've seen some cool bisexual pride and feminist ones online, I'm sure there are some rainbow ones out there as well. You could pin them to your jacket if you're so bold, or your bag if you usually carry one. If I was out enough that's what I'd do ^-^

3. Ophelia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There are some cool necklaces and chokers on places like etsy if that appeals to you.

4. wontwalkblindly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    These are both really cool ideas; but I don't really have money I can spend right now, so I guess DIY stuff would be preferred

5. shinji

shinji Guest

Make something out of paracord and add "rainbow" threads to it. You can make everything from rings to belts, etc...

Oh! I have an idea, rainbow shoelaces!!! I'm sooo copyrighting this!!!

Take white shoelaces and play around with food coloring then bake them a bit so it takes (use the iron, not the actual oven...silly!)

6. Water lover

Water lover Guest

Personally what I do (hehe I love my school and ally week) is make a little tiny pride flag in the Brest cancer awareness shape lol and pin it to my backpack. Idk if you in schooling but it works wonderful for me.