1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mom and dad have me cornered.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by CallMeChristian, Oct 5, 2014.

1. My parents are so controlling that it is crazy. I want to move out in 12 months (when I turn 18) but I am not financially stable. I don't know what to do. I need a car and I know that I will not be able to afford it, I also need a place to live. I might live on campus in college but, I really worry about being buried in student debt. I just need to know how to get the money to move out fast. If it's even possible...

2. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you have any savings, or a job?

3. I barely have any savings. No job because I have no transportation.

4. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Can you arrange it so you don't need a car… like near bus routes/ train routes. A car is a major expense...

5. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Do you live in a town with no public transportation ?:confused:

6. I live in a small town with a barely there transportation system, what we do have is a bus or two and they only come by at around 11:00am (when I'm in school.)

7. SpaceSuit

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You might be able to talk to a local organization that helps minority youth. They might be able to help you find work, etc.

8. I just got some cash from various family members for my birthday yesterday. It's obviously not enough to move out but, my parents are agreeing to let me get a job now! I'm taking in applications this weekend. My mother has offered to drive me to and from work.

9. SpaceSuit

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That is awesome. I am so glad for you. :grin:. Good luck with the job hunting.

10. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Try to find an apartment near campus. That is usually cheaper. You definitely want to try and stay in college or some professional school because the prospects for people without a college degree are pretty dismal.

11. Okay guys. I can now say with confidence that everything is okay. I had a talk with my parents about responsibility and growing up and they have agreed to give me more space.