1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight best friend keeps getting hurt

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Water lover, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Water lover

Water lover Guest

So my best friend and the guy who unfortunately I am infatuated by keeps getting treated like crap by girls. Last night at homecoming his date left him as soon as we got there and started grinding on other guys. Then she proceeded to get another ride. His last three girlfriends have been complete sluts. I mean they looks fine at first but then they treat him like shit. I can't understand why because everyone knows he is like the sweetest kindest guy every. I guess I am probably just jealous but I just want he to get a good girl. So how do I keep him from getting hurt so much because every time he does it just makes me fall for him more. It isn't ok all I can think about is how I could be so much better for him but I know that can never happen. It's not ok for our relationship for us to be like this and I keep getting hurt. When he gets hurt by a girl it's like she is trying to hurt me. I know this sounds all backwards but I am just so stressed about like everything(though admittedly two hours of sleep in the last 36 hours probably hasn't helped anything) I just feel so weird and I just want help.

2. shinji

shinji Guest

Your friend needs to be more assertive and stop dating (sorry for saying this) sluts. There's a ton of nice girls out there, it just so happens that your friend obviously has no interest in them...

If i were you, i'd go like this.

"Dude, you are my best friend and i love you, but seriously... you need to stop dating all these shallow girls."

"It hurts me to see you getting hurt like that"

Good opportunity to tell him you like him (obviously without actually saying it in that way), it's more for your own "benefit" rather than his. And you show your disapproval of the girls he dates. He obviously needs help with dating...

Anyway, after you "help" him... as a friend, and things still crash and burn, you can maybe "salvage" what is left.

^ terrible advice but... obviously you like him, so... yeah.

3. lb41974

lb41974 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have to agree that you need to sit him down and talk to him tell him your concerns , also tell him how feel .Like I love you you are my best friend and this hurts me to say this to you but you are dating the wrong kind of girls you keep picking the shallow ones who care nothing about you and will dump you at the first chance they get ! You deserve to be happy and I know there are lots of nice girls out there that are not shallow or "easy" . You just have to do this in a way that he does not think you are trying to tell him what to do or being forceful in any way . Good luck and I hope all works out for you

4. Water lover

Water lover Guest

I think I will when I see him soon. I am just stressing over nothing but yea... Sometimes life sucks I am really starting to hate being gay. In all reality I think it's just my stupid "poor me" teen thoughts but idk.