1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Falling apart

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Dakeli27, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Dakeli27

Five weeks into the school year, my optimism is absolutely gone. My grades are not really bad, but they're horrible compared to previous ones, and my parents make it clear that they're extremely disappointed in me. Their reaction is to try to control me, and they ignore everything I'm doing (I voluntarily decided to not play video games except on weekends, despite my usually large free time, and to start taking ADHD medication again, even though I really don't need it and nobody can guess that I have ADHD, and I hate taking it because it makes me feel like I lose control over myself, on the off chance that it helps.). Whenever I concentrate and my grades start improving, my parents find an old bad grade and everything falls apart again. I feel like I have no control over anything. The few friends that I had are drifting away, and I can't get myself to open up to anyone. Nobody outside my family notices that there's anything wrong with me at all. I'm afraid I'm going to fall into the deep depression I was in last spring again. Any advice, EC?

2. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry to hear that buddy :/ I can't offer much advice other than just do your best and try to keep your head up. Try taking small breaks between studying, I've heard it helps sometimes. Just know in your heart that you're doing your personal best and as hard as it may be, try to ignore your parents when they are being unreasonable about your grades. I'm here to talk if you need a friend :slight_smile: Feel free to message me anytime or send me a friend request.