1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lables?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by that hiden dyke, Oct 9, 2014.

1. that hiden dyke

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm new to the lgbt community and I've heard there are more labels than just lesbian. And the ones I've herd that might suit me are butch and androgynous. I want to know where I fit. I know some people are like AHH!! WHOVWOULD WANT TO VE LABLED!?!? but I want to know where I fit

I have really short hair, you can see me somewhat in my pic under my name, I feel more masculine than feminine, I like hats and the men's section at Walmart, and I'm in percussion in band class.

Please let me know what I might be.

2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It depends more on who you like than how you dress .

3. black-cat

I agree with stocking, it is as much about who you like and what they are like- than what you are like. I am not good with labels, but I would say you were in the "butch" category.

I believe you can find a more detailed explanation of the lesbian labels here, and there are various quizzes on the internet under things like "What kind of lesbian am I?" that can be amusing/accurate if you wish to try them.

4. outbard

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    OMG YES! I often feel invisible because I don't feel like I know exactly where I fall in how I look. I usually wear pants and guys shirts with boots or flip flops, but I still carry a purse and wear mascara... I don't seem to fit ANYWHERE. I am not completely femme, but I am not butch... I just feel like I exist and it frustrates the life out of me!

5. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'll help you out , your what we call a chapstick lesbian ,which is in between butch and femme also known as a stem .:slight_smile: