1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to cope

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by dano218, Oct 10, 2014.

1. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok I had problems lately with family. They accept my sexuality but there is a lot of miscommunication with them. I left home a year ago without telling them and I hear that they hold a grudge against me for that. I done nothing but explain myself over and over again and my mom understood but I found out after a year my dad held a grudge against me and finally decided to yell me after a year.

The last two times he called he done nothing but yell at me for stuff i did to them. He told it was my fault I was depressed and my fault he thought untrue things about him. Basically everything that happened is my fault. It really hurt and shocked me cause my mom has been nothing but understanding and here my dad yells at me.

So I texted my dad on Tuesday and told him to stop yelling at me cause I am aduly and it is his fault my bf's feelings were hurt.

So I never heard back from my dad and I fear the worst has happened. Should I email my mom again since she is more calm about everything or what should I do.

2. DarkestDream

Sounds more like you're worried that your dad is okay, after not hearing from him, so I'd suggest that you contact your mom and let her know your concerns. As far as how your father has been behaving, it sounds like he's turning his insecurity and prejudice around on you. Don't put yourself in a stressful confrontation with him just yet. As you said, you're an adult, they should know better. Good thoughts coming your way as you deal with this! (*hug*)