1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anxious again

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by DarkestDream, Oct 10, 2014.

1. DarkestDream

I think I've mentioned before how I have this problem with agoraphobia. Well, I woke up this morning, and I realized that there are things that I haven't accomplished for myself yet, such as finding a therapist/psychiatrist, and getting in to the docs for a follow up checkup, because I have a thyroid condition.
    I'm feeling pretty down about this stuff, and stuck, because I actually NEED these things, and I feel like I can't make a move. I know from experience that if I can't get something done, I can start feeling pretty low and despairing.
    My mind is always going a million miles a minute, especially trying to figure stuff like this out.
    I don't drive either, so it takes a lot of extra planning to even attempt one thing.
    I'm overthinking everything at this point, and my anxiety level is really high.

I'm not expecting anyone to help me solve this or anything....I guess I was kinda hoping that by writing it out, I'd be able to sort it all out in my head. Pffft.

Thanks for reading this. :slight_smile:

2. CrazyAwkward

Hey! I'm sorry you're feeling down. Life can be overwhelming sometimes, especially when anxiety gets involved. But you'll get all these things done one at a time. I hope you start feeling better soon (*hug*)

3. laut

Out Status:
    A few people
    Try breaking it down into stages. Like the overall goal, and then every little step to achieving that goal.

And then, as you do those little steps, reward yourself. Reassure yourself, pamper yourself, acknowledge the progress.

4. AAASAS

Try to focus on one task and who gives a shit about the rest. Do that one by one, without the pressure to get other things done.

I would never get things done if I thought about EVERYTHING at once, I just focus on one thing at a time, and throw everything else in the trash till I'm done my one task.

5. DarkestDream

Hi again and thanks to you all for your encouragement and helpful responses! I'll do as you suggest here and just focus on ONE thing a day. Perhaps I'll try writing things out on a list, put it on the fridge and make a note to work on one a day, checking them off as they get done.

I know these things should PROBABLY be common sense, but when the anxiety gets in the way, it might as well be foreign. :eusa_doh: :icon_redf

6. AJ Bee

I have no good advice, just a little understanding. My anxiety often gets in the way also. I am lousy when it comes to one thing a day, which explains why I have so much started, but very little completed. Good luck to you!

7. DarkestDream

Thank you ConfusedBee! It's good to know that I'm not alone :slight_smile: