1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying Non-Binary clothing?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Frodofox, Oct 11, 2014.

1. Frodofox

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm not out to my family or rl friends (however there is one I trust I will tell when I'm ready) but I've been being more interested in mens products because it makes me feel better on my less feminine days. I've bought some Old Spice Wolfthorn, mostly because I loved the packaging and a mens jacket but I told my parents I did because mens coats are warmer and this was the only one type in the store I work at that had headphones in the strings.

I have a large collection of fandom shirts that are unisex, but I get bored of them and they're too casual a lot of times.

What I'm asking is how can I start buying more mens products without my parents asking about it. They're not enforcers on gender rules, they used to let me play with boys toys when I was a kid after all.

2. SpaceSuit

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If your parents aren't too concerned with enforcing gender "rules" then maybe just try explaining to them that at the moment you're more comfortable with men's clothing.

3. MickH

I usually buy men's/boy's clothing because they tend to be more comfortable, better quality, and cheaper. Also, I tell people I like them better because they're 'plainer'; if you buy a guy's sweater, it's not going to have random sparkles or gems or studs or something like that.
    I also say that guy's dress/button shirts just fit me better; and they do!

4. laut

Out Status:
    A few people
    Heh. I like men's clothing, but I always seem to gravitate to patterns or graphic tees, because I'm used to colour from women's clothing.. and a lot of men's stuff is so damn plain!

5. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    This.

I think if your parents don't enforce gender rules strictly then there shouldn't really be a problem. My parents were similar, and I wear men's shirts sometimes. Mostly they don't even notice.