1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do Women Prefer Makeup??

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by SpaceSuit, Oct 11, 2014.

1. SpaceSuit

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've never really been into wearing makeup...mostly because it is freaking expensive and because I spent 18 years of my life surrounded be conservative Christians who thought makeup was of "the Devil". So, yeah. I'm not even sure HOW to wear makeup though I have tried. Now that I'm ready to get out into the dating scene...I'm a bit worried that people won't be attracted to me unless I wear makeup. What do you guys think??? How do you feel about natural vs. makeup faces??? Personally, I think makeup looks gorgeous on folks and I think it does help my appearance, but I'm still not confident enough with my skills to strut out and about with a face full of powders and lotions. I'd also hate to set up some kind of expectation if a chick meets me with makeup and then I never wear it again...since I rarely do.

What do you think, do most women prefer makeup on their prospective date??

2. Gen

Gen

Some, certainly. Others, not so much.

Though it sounds as though your issue with makeup is much less that it simply isn't for you, rather that you have grown apprehensive of it because of your upbringing and insecurities. Makeup is often demonized because the person underneath it should feel beautiful enough to present themselves without it, but the same could be said about working out to achieve certain features, spending as much money on clothes and shoes as the average person does, caring about our hairstyles and skin clarity. We should feel proud of the skin we're in regardless of these things, but it doesn't mean that we shouldn't care about putting an effort into presenting ourselves in whatever ways make us feel even more comfortable and confident.

If you genuinely don't feel comfortable with wearing any form of makeup, then there will definitely be women out there who wouldn't have any issue with it. If you do decide to apply some regularly, I would recommend settling for a bit of foundation and eyeliner so that you still maintain a more natural look and don't feel as though you are walking around underneath a mask.

3. Blossom85

I don't wear makeup every day, however when I am going out for dinner or a party etc.. I will usually put some on.. It is nothing special, just enough to cover blemishes and give me a natural kind of glow. I watched an episode of full house were DJ and Kimmy were experimenting with makeup and it looked very unnatural and yuk.. Anyway Becky (Jesse's wife) explained the secret to makeup is to make it look like your not wearing any at all and that is the look I try to go for when wearing it.. I don't wear lipstick, only a lipgloss to give my lips a shine and I don't use anything on my eyelashes mainly cause I wear glasses and it's annoying when my lashes hit my glasses. I would wear makeup on a date, however again, it would only be enhancing natural beauty.

4. AJ Bee

Just like anything else, I think it depends on the person. I prefer women who don't wear make up, personally. I am 39 and never wear it.. If somebody is less attracted to me because of it, then they just aren't the one for me.

5. CrazyAwkward

It's not something I think about, really. I've never worn makeup and don't care if someone else does or not.

6. SpaceSuit

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks. You've all been really helpful. :slight_smile:. I don't feel as anxious about it as I did when I first posted. I think, maybe, I'll do what feels "right" to me at the time and if that means a little makeup or no makeup then...I guess that's alright.

7. CrazyAwkward

Doing what feels right to you is all that matters. Just be you, do whatever makes you feel comfortable :slight_smile:

8. SpaceSuit

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you. :thumbsup:

9. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Think it just depends on the person. I prefer natural look unless were going out for a night or something special. I rarely wear makeup just because I don't have a reason to, I work at home so it's not like I'm going to a location where I need to dress up or anything.

10. Emotional love

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Youtube tutorials are good. I successfully followed one last week. I wear make up when I go out - i.e special occasions and go bare rest of time. Do what you want - a girl should love you for your insides. My gf doesn't like me wearing make up btw.

11. thekillingmoon

I like make up that looks natural and not overdone. I don't wear much make up myself, some days I go without it.

12. littlemonster11

If you're happy with how you look, regardless of whether or not you wear makeup, then everything's copacetic to me. :slight_smile: I don't really pay attention to that. I like wearing makeup whenever the situation requires me to. Even then, I still wear it whenever I feel like it.