1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deviantart Homophobia by religion

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Kira, Oct 12, 2014.

1. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was wondering, what do you do when you see people attacking others for their orientation? how do you respond?

There's one person I'm upset about at the moment, she had commented on a post one of my favorite artists linked. It was strikingly negative. Turns out she also posted a huge homophobic rant. All because of Christianity. Do I have to fear all Christians? Do they really feel we're just worthless trash? I'm scared. I want honest opinions. I've seen her attack users without any facts to back her up... but here is one of the posts that disgusts me: The Truth About Homosexuality (UPDATED) by FCU777 on deviantART

It's a shame she's so religiously bigoted. She might have been a rather intelligent person otherwise....:help:

2. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not even going to read that, and I'm sorry that you did.

I, too, fear Christians, even though that should never, ever be the case. I'm sure many of us try not to group Christians into single entity, but it's difficult when you always hear such homophobic, terrible bullshit from them.

Here's something I read, but tweaked to relate to this:

Not all religious people are homophobic, but most homophobic people are religious.

(or, they're just ignorant - these homophobic people at my school are not religious at all.)

Here is one of the best Christian pamphlets I've read on homosexuality. Maybe, if you're comfortable with it, you can link them?

https://christiangays.com/ebook/gay&christian.pdf

3. GewfyGlenn

Thank you for that link Nychthemeron, I needed that

4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As soon as they started citing bible verses, I was out. Do you use the bible to justify literally any other terrible behavior like beating your wife or killing Jews? No. Or if you do, more reason to be kicked out of humanity.

5. ravenclaw

Out Status:
    All but family
    I went to Catholic school and in religion class i was afraid to argue but if i had one wish, after Hogwarts, I'd wish to be back there and argue with the teacher. Here are some things I'd think but be two afraid to say. T- homosexuality is un-natural. Since when did we care if something was natural. You know what else is unnatural, shoes, medicine, the internet, air conditioning, ect. And he said that no animal do this. Since when did we get our moral cues from animals. They commit rape, incest, and cannibalism. And even if the bible was concrete about homosexuality, it isn't a legal document. It goes into the specifics of selling your daughter as a slave, and says that a senior citizen rounded up 2 of every animal on earth. If you're not Catholic then it's religious oppression for them to force you to obey their rules. That would be like if i kept a midget as a slave and said "guys, its ok, ive read Harry potter ". Sorry to go on a rant but Catholicism is kinda a sore subject for me.

6. Dakeli27

Some will protest "But we love each other!" but really, they only love themselves not each other as they so claim.

That's right, you decide whether people love each other. You're in a better position than anyone else to xpknow if a couple loves each other.

7. RedSwiss

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I find it very, very worrying and concerning that every single individual in the comment section of that post who criticised or disagreed with it, is a banned account.

Im sure not all of them got banned by DeviantArt's atrociously corrupt staff, but I find it very convenient that everybody who spoke out against it is banned.