1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So this gay kid just told me that bisexual people don't exist...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Celatus, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ...and I was like f*ck you, you're looking at one. :icon_eek: Some kid at my school who happens to be gay told me that bisexual people dont exist. I mean I cant deny I have feelings for both sexes. It's not like there's only gay and straight, you can be into people of all sorts.
    Thoughts?

2. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

Run him down with the school lawnmower.

On a more serious note.. This is just an example of the ignorance that ALSO exists in the LGBT community.. Pity his low intelligence. He is obviously under educated monger.

3. yugyag

yugyag Guest

I actually used to believe that bi people didn't really exist as well. I think because I, as well as several of my gay friends came out as bi before coming out as gay to kinda test the water. I just assumed that's what everyone used it for. Now I know that is wrong, but I can still see why someone could think that. He likely isn't attacking you personally, but just hasn't really had many experiences with people who are bi. Give him some time and he'll come around :slight_smile:

4. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I mean, there's plenty of us that identify as bisexual, but we're obviously just gay/straight people in denial. You know, because I said so.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwdba9C2G14[/YOUTUBE]

5. SeriousJack

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I don't understand how bisexual people are the target of so much prejudice WITHIN the LGBT community. There's a B in LGBT for a reason dammit! As if the prejudice we get from straight people wasn't enough, we have to deal with homosexuals who don't think we exist? That we're all just in denial and we're really just gay? Not to mention the bullshit I've heard from some of my bisexual friends that everybody is bisexual. WTF?

6. MrK21

TBH, I do not see why it is a big deal even if bisexuality wasn't real. If a girl say she's bi and she likes me, I do not give a flying fuck in Egypt. If bisexuality doesn't exist then why is there a Kinsey Scale?

7. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I mean in general I lean toward being gay, but I like girls too much to call myself purely gay. So I just say that I'm bisexual. Being open minded can lead to all sorts of interesting things :grin: