1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for Gay People in the Country.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by AAASAS, Oct 15, 2014.

1. AAASAS

How do you meet other gay people, obviously don't post a website, but I'm just curious as to what people from the country use, or how they get around to meeting other gay people.

My town's population is 2,000 and my region is like 59,000 so I really don't have the greatest selection, young people also tend to leave here and it's more a retirement community.

I've only been alone for 2 months, and it's really starting to bother the crap out of me.

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  3. AAASAS

^
    Still doesn't address finding people in a remote location. I was more looking for ancedotes from people in a similar situation to me.

But thanks for the help though, you responded really quick, thanks a lot.

4. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  5. AAASAS

^ true I just skimmed over it, ha guess I didnt give it effort. THe majority of people live in urban areas so I guess I assumed it wouldn't have much to offer me.

I just wanna feel that it is possible, the last guy I met was on here, and it wasn't really something I was looking for, it just sort of happened, which honestly was one of the best things that could've happened to me, Im just afraid it was a rarity.

6. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, there's always pride and gay bars.

7. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    What I did is join an lgbt community center in my state you meet other lgbt people plus you make some friends . Gay men in here are much luckier here than lesbians .

8. AAASAS

Why do you say that?

---------- Post added 15th Oct 2014 at 11:19 PM ----------

ha :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: already mentioned again, my town doesn't have gay bars or pride.

The only pride parade we have is when I walk my dog down the street.

It's miniscule, I guess I'm going to have to do it the old fashion way like a creeper on the internet, cruising through one shit person after another till one is tolerable, what a catch I am.

9. SpaceSuit

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I lived out in the middle of nowhere (population 200, one intersection) I found gay people by hearing them being talked about by others. Gossip is big in most small towns so it's not to hard to find out about someone who is a bit different. If you're out and open about it then other gay people in the vicinity will learn about you and might initiate contact. Basically, there's no great way to meet people when you're in the middle of nowhere no matter what your sexual orientation, but for me it was just luck when/if I heard about other local lesbians and gays.

10. AAASAS

Ha fuck my life, the country sucks donkey dick, but the city is worse. ha wish I was straight so I could stay here, but I know I'll eventually have to move to a more populated area to be less isolated.

11. clovis

Hey AAASAS... I am in the same boat as you... except my town has about 5000 peeps... there are about 3 gay people that I am aware of in town... and I am friends with 2 of them... its hard... I am not out either.. so its hard to find anyone to talk to... your profile says Toronto area? Are you north south east or west of the big smoke???? I am about 2 hours north west... near lake huron!

12. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    :thumbsup:
    Well i'm speaking for my town in general,and not all of America . The lgbt center in my town doesn't' have many programs for lesbians ,also they cater to gay men more than us . The gay scene here is very lively but the lesbian scene is pretty much dead .:dry:

13. nikidion

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is why I'll never move back to countryside, even though I'd love to so much. The population in a 5 mile radius of my house is... around 20. Dogs included.