1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Traveling

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by lion12, Oct 15, 2014.

1. lion12

Hi!

I was wondering if anyone here had traveled backpacking style... If so, what were your favorite places to visit? The safest/most dangerous? Anything I should absolutely visit/absolutely avoid?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

2. swimgood

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been to numerous places... you really got to be more specific than that, at least provide a continent that youre thinking of going?

Most recently I was in the Philippines just for holiday. For backpacking I've been Brazil, Bolivia, Peru and Spain. More casually (in other words, not very extensive travelling) ive been to parts of western europe, a few scandanavian countries, asian countries and Australia

3. lion12

I'm thinking of going pretty much anywhere, that's why I was so vague. I was just thinking that if anyone had traveled to one precise place that was really great or horribly bad they could share it and it would help me decide where to go. I know we all have different tastes but I guess I was just hoping someone would share some of their traveling stories :slight_smile:

I'm thinking about going to Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, the UK... Europe in general actually... maybe Asia. I would also like to visit Chile. Eventually. So yeah.. that's why I was so vague... Sorry.

4. Kriskluwe

Kriskluwe Guest

Yep, I've done a little interspersed with standard travel in Australia and Egypt . My parents were somewhere in the country at the same time so. It's a bangin way to see SOME spots. It also depends on your age and/or gender . This can even heighten with the geographic location. Scout out hostels beforehand ; plan on getting bedbugs so look at their records( most travel sites that cater to that type of travel will have a report ). If you're alone don't camp . I'm not like a total pro but a lot of it is common sense too.

5. swimgood

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you're inexperienced, Id say don't go to Africa as your first travel destination.

Australia and New Zealand are both very very easy to travel in. There's no language barrier thats why. However commodities are expensive and we're far from everything so flights are going to be expensive also... in other words, you gotta budget for that.

Europe is very backpacker friendly and theres lots of resources online that could help you. Asia is also great but would be more difficult if youre inexperienced/by yourself.

South America has some BEAUTIFUL places. Definitely a must but i wouldnt suggest it as your first destination

6. lion12

Thanks guys... I'll keep that in mind :slight_smile: