1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

makeup

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by lion12, Oct 15, 2014.

1. lion12

Hi guys,

I have a random question about makeup. I very rarely wear makeup (never... unless there's a big occasion and even then) because... well first I don't see the point of having to wake up earlier to put it on, second I don't feel the need to wear it. I am and always have been perfectly fine with it. I used to work with someone who didn't wear makeup and had the same clothing style as me (not too girly, just regular work clothes) and the girl who replaced her is extremely girly. She has about 25 pairs of high heels only at work, she wears very very short skirts and dresses and she matches her glasses with her nails and her shoes everyday. And obviously she wears makeup. And I have absolutely NOTHING against girly girls! And I don't have anything against people who wear makeup obviously! But I feel weird because she makes these comments about my shoes or the fact that I don't wear makeup or stuff like that all the time. I know it's not to be mean but it kinda bugs me.

I work in a pretty conservative environment and for the first time since I've started working there I feel some kind of peer pressure... But I won't change the way I dress for that. I'm wearing professional clothes and I don't care if she doesn't like them. I guess I'm just going to have to find a way to politely tell her to stop with these comments?

Anyway I was just wondering if anyone else who doesn't wear makeup went through something similar? Or if people usually respect it and don't even point it out? That's what people around me usually did in the past.

2. It is extremely rare that I wear makeup. I wore some for my senior pictures and some to school a couple weeks ago, but that's it for pretty much my whole life. Most of my friends wear makeup, but they don't point out that I don't or anything. They have called me hot when I wear makeup, but I just dislike having to put it on, even if all I do is eyeshadow and mascara. Honestly, you should just ignore her. Clearly, you two have different fashion styles, and she should respect that. If she makes another comment to you, just politely reply that makeup, tons of shoes, etc. isn't for you. Hopefully she'll get the hint.

3. lion12

I've already told her and she doesn't seem to get it. I think that she's just trying to be funny... but it's getting annoying. The other day we were talking about children and she said in a semi condescending semi trying to be funny voice 'I hope you won't make your daughter wear converse when she starts walking' and I couldn't help but reply something like 'I'd rather make my daughter wear converse than high heels when she starts walking'... lol. but you're right I should definitely ignore her comments.