1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused, lost, and on the verge of giving up!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by mobrien1993, Oct 16, 2014.

1. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay so as the title says I'm confused and needing some advice. I have been in a long distance relationship with a girl for over 7 months now. At first things were great and aside from the distance I was completely happy with how everything was going. Through the time we've been dating there's been times when my girlfriend seems like a completely different person, there's times where she's loving and says sweet things and can't wait to be with me etc, but then there's times where she's completely opposite and if I try talking to her shell say one or two words but that's it and I feel as if I'm just her friend or even an acquaintance. I've brought this up several times and every time she says she'll work on it and usually things go back to normal.

Well we just got done going through one of these conversations about 2 1/2 weeks ago. She said she had to travel for work for a conference and to help out with one of the other locations for the company she works for(this isn't something new it's happened before). Throughout the week she was gone I tried calling and texting her but our phones don't always connect for some reason. Well Monday when I started working I texted her like I did every other morning hoping she would be done with her conference and everything and she was. Well everytime I would say something like I missed you so much or I'm so happy you're home. All I would get back was yeah I know or good. We were on great terms before she left. And then she just stopped talking to me. So I wrote her an email telling her how I feel and asked her what she wants to do and I haven't heard from her since. This was Monday 10/13 and now it's Thursday. I've tried texting, calling, emailing and I'm not sure what I should make of it. Does this mean she wants to break up and that's her way of ending it? What do you guys think..sorry it's kinda long. Any advice is appreciated.

2. SpaceSuit

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would give it a little more time. It sounds like she goes through phases where communication is difficult for her and if this is one of those times she probably wants to respond to your e-mail in the right way. Obviously, I only know what I've read in your post so it could be very different from that in reality. Be patient and try not to push for a response too soon, because that could just cause problems. That's the only advice I have. I hope it works out for you.

3. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you for the advice. Yeah she does go through that quite a bit and I always feel like it's something I've done wrong.

4. Paul6089

Paul6089 Guest

My initial read of your post makes you sound super needy/insecure. I have no idea if that is true or not. I do not mean that as an insult, but rather an observation. Give her some space. Let her initiate contact vs it being left up to you. Give it some time and see if she comes around. If she doesn't then it's time to move on. I realize how much that sucks and it's not the answer you want to hear. I apologize if my response here is a bit blunt. I've been there, so I speak from experience. When I stopped being insecure with relationships was when I started meeting people and developed relationships based on security rather than freaking out trying to interpret silence. I wish you the best and hope thing work out between the two of you.