1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Health class has me worried

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Colorful13, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Colorful13

So I've been on here before for suicidal thoughts and for a slight worry about my mental health but I never talked about this subject other than that. Currently in my freshman health class we are learning about warning signs in depression, suicide, and self harm. Everything that the teacher says applies to me but I am too stubborn and secretive about this.

We had to fill out a sheet called something destiny I dont even know (Good student or nah) and In it it said check next to each symptom that applies to you and I checked off every single one. I dont know what my question or poinnt is but I guess I just needed to vent my frustration and confusion.

I have always been against cutting and self harm and object to anyone who cuts and think they must be insane but I found a razor today and it felt like when I could physically see the blood on my arm Its like I could see the pain that I have kept a secret for years. What do you think I should do about the whole deal with health class and what we're learning about? IDK, I guess Im just looking for input.:icon_redf

2. SpaceSuit

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds like you need to talk to a therapist. Your college should have counselors that you can talk to. This is not something you want to suppress or try to deal with on your own, especially if you are cutting. I also had the same thoughts about cutting being a way to express the internal pain, but it is dangerous. You might accidentally cut too deep or get an infection. I would talk to someone you really trust about these issues (a teacher, best friend, family member, etc) and then set up an appointment to talk to a therapist. (*hug*) Sorry you're feeling this way. As for your class. I think you should take what you're learning and do something about how you relate to it. By that I mean that you now know that you have all of these symptoms so get help for them so you can get some relief.

3. Colorful13

thanx:icon_redf