1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to meet more people in the LGBT community?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by bioticvanguard, Oct 19, 2014.

1. bioticvanguard

Out Status:
    A few people
    This question has been on my mind a lot. In school, I'm a member of the Gay-Straight Alliance but we only meet once a month, which honestly disappoints me a little. The people in the club know what my orientation is (one even invited me to her party which is a actually great) and they all are really great people.

Anyway, I was just wondering what are some good ways to go out and meet people in the LGBT community? I honestly have no idea what's out there that I could join and be a part of. Because sometimes I sort of feel like I'm the odd one out and it gets a bit lonely at times if you get what I mean.

Sorry if this doesn't belong here, and thanks for reading! \(◕‿◕✿)/

2. Sek

Sek

Once you get your foot in the door it's pretty easy. Do you currently have any close LGBT friends? If you do, get them to introduce you to their group of friends. If not you can always try local LGBT clubs or support groups that might be in your area. Any LGBT-oriented events like pride walks or festivals are a good place to try too.