1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

im in a pickle

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ems, Oct 22, 2014.

1. ems

ems

I don't know what to do, I've got my self in a very stupid and tricky situation. I've been with my girlfriend 1 year and 3 months now. I've kept it mostly under wraps family wise with only one person knowing my mum that I'm gay and got a girlfriend (is cool with it.) The rest don't know this is where it get tricky. The local little theate I'm envolved in knows I'm seeing someone and they all assumed it was a boy and I didn't admit the truth. As I didn't want them to react badly they seem a bit old fashioned ( the people at theatre and family) but as more people find out I'm with someone its only gonna be so long before it gets back to my family then I will have to admit the truth and everyone will find out I've been hiding things from them and everything could go wrong. What do I do ?

2. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First question is, are you ready for people to find out? Old fashioned may not mean unaccepting.

3. ems

ems

I want to I'm just so nervous

4. Blossom85

I think if it's something you want to do.. Think it all through and decide if you think if will make things easier or harder for you.. I know living this way and keeping secrets is a hard thing and can make you emotionally exhausted, however you also need to think of your well being if you do come out.. Do you think it might be easier for you to stay in or come out of the closest? It is always a hard thing not knowing how people are going to react, but if people act badly.. Then that is a risk you need to think if it's worth taking. Wether they know now or find out later on.. Will their reaction change? I think if you really want them to know, just causally bring it up.. It doesn't have to be a formal discussion, but only do it when you really feel ready. Don't let yourself feel pressured by anyone, even yourself.

5. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you do decide it is something you want to do, and you are concerned that word would get out, you may consider telling your family first, if you were comfortable with that. That way, they hear it from you directly instead of through the grape vine.

But as Blossom said, make sure you have thought it through.

6. ems

ems

Thanks for the replys u have given me a lot to think out . and made me look at it in a different way. I think they would prefer I told them my self instead of them hearing it from else where . I'm just not sure off there reaction. It would be a weight of my mind there is no doubt about that but how would they react that's the question would it just make things worse. I have no idea