1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! Bridesmaid Hair! :S

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by jezebel, Oct 23, 2014.

1. jezebel

:help:
    First: this has nothing to do with being LGBT (unless you factor in that I fall into the category) so if this needs to be deleted, just tell me--I won't be offended. I've just found this site such a valuable resource and welcoming community. (&&&)
    Okay so on a regular day I hate my hair. I've had it cut in all different styles/colors and I've never really been happy with it. It's super thin and has a weird natural wave to it. I've mostly been wearing toques (a.k.a. beanies) for the last few months cuz I can never get my hair to look how I want.
    I'm a bridesmaid in a wedding next Wednesday in MEXICO (I'm super excited about the vacation) and we are going to have to do our own hair. I seriously don't know WHAT THE EFF TO DO. I want to look my best, obviously, and there are gonna be a LOT of pictures taken, so I'm starting to stress a little over what to do.
    Mostly, I try to do a lot of backcombing because my hair has little to no volume. But I would say 75% of the time, it ends up looking shitty and flat and messy within an hour.
    I'm trying to find pictures of what my hair looks like but I delete all the bad ones so I can only find pictures of when my hair does what I want it to do (and those are usually taken RIGHT after I do it and then it goes downhill afterwards). I like to put half up by backcombing the shit out of the sides and bobby-pinning it but again, that only ends up looking good maybe 25% of the time.
    My hair is just past shoulder length and I also have extensions I can clip in to make it longer.
    Any hair experts out there willing to help me??? Any advice would be SOOO appreciated!!!
    Let me know if you have any other questions!

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You might have a look at this:
    Salt Spray
    All at your own risk :slight_smile:
    I would try it carefully first, if it goes with your hair type...
    and possibly not use it too often...
    there are other formulas with leave in conditioner.

#2 jay777, Oct 23, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you have a bit of money to spare, you might just go have your hair done somewhere. I was in a wedding once a few years ago, and I've never liked my hair either. I just went to a salon and said "I'm in a wedding tomorrow - can you make it look somewhat presentable?" He did a fantastic job, as it ends up. :slight_smile:

Lex

4. jezebel

I think i would do that, Lexington, except that we're going to be at a resort in Mexico for the wedding so I don't think I'm gonna have the option to go to a hair dresser.
    Thanks for that idea, Jay. Maybe I'll try that!

5. Really

I've made my own "hairspray" of 1 part glycerin to 9 parts water. I keep it in a spray bottle (I guess that's obvious) and after I wash my hair and when it's a bit dry / no longer dripping, and the waves are going the right way, I spray it on. Then I let it air dry. As long as I don't brush it, my hair stays pretty presentable into the next day. I just finger comb underneath to freshen it up.

I have a lot of hair which has a curl in it that doesn't stay if I comb it so I use this to attempt to have some control over it. The nice thing about it is it doesn't smell, it holds pretty well and doesn't make my hair crunchy or otherwise unnatural looking/feeling.

6. SimpleeBekah

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When in doubt, ASK THE BRIDE! I just got married and my bridemaids were hellions. There were so many times I wished they would just ask me my opinion than to go off on their own thing. If you're unsure, ask her what she thinks. :slight_smile: Just do it when she's relaxed and not when she's running around like a mad woman getting things ready. :wink: Hope that helps!