1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Book recommendations?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by IcarusRising, Oct 23, 2014.

1. IcarusRising

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    does anyone know any good books about sexuality and gender?

2. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Dante and Aristotle Discover the Secrets of the Universe.

That book made me so damn emotional, although it may have been a little surprising, concerning the support of the parents. It was set in an earlier time, I believe, so I found it unlikely that both parents of both kids were supportive of their sexuality, but it definitely can happen in real life.

Forgive Me, Leonardo Peacock deals with LGBT themes, but the main character is not LGBT. But, I'll mention it, since it was an alright book.

For the shits and giggles, The Outsiders. I'm not joking. It was dripping in gay undertones, although, the author did write it when she was sixteen. :lol:

Anything by David Leviathan, including Boy Meets Boy, and Dictionary of Love.

Don't know much about books considering the LBT, though. Sorry. Seems as if those are scarce.

Take a lot at this list. It has a lot, including bisexual, lesbian, and transgender themes.

https://www.goodreads.com/shelf/show/lgbt

EDIT: If you're looking for a series, there is a supposedly gay guy in The Dream Thieves - that's the second book. Haven't read it, though.

#2 Nychthemeron, Oct 23, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2014