1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really insecure and I just feel undesirable

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by lazybay, Oct 24, 2014.

1. lazybay

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is more or less a little place I'll unload my feelings of inadequacy for the world to see, and I hope some of you understand. Your opinion on the matters are welcome, but please no hate or anything mean. I try to act tough sometimes but I'm really sensitive.

Take 1 Due to a medical condition I'm slowly losing my teeth. I cannot afford dentures. I am 23 years old. I feel like everyone will look at me and see a bad person, or a neglectful person without knowing the story. I'm afraid no one will want me.

Take 2 I have bad eyesight (I haven't been able to afford new glasses in two years) and a condition that causes me to have spasms and tremors in my arms, legs, and back. It limits me from doing things, one in particular that I feel very self conscious about is shaving. Even if my back holds up and my arms and legs my eye sight can easily make me leave a huge gash someone. So I just don't. I feel like this makes me ugly.

2. girlpower

Hey! welcome to EC :slight_smile: and don't be afraid of sharing your feelings over here. people are really nice and supportive here. I'm sorry to hear about your medical condition.. but hey c'mon you have a whole life to live and you will be absolutely fine :slight_smile: try to focus on things you love to do and you enjoy.. look at the brighter side of life.

3. Really

I'm sorry these things are getting you down. Quick thought. Do you live near a university that has a dental school? I know ours here sees patients at a cut rate, I believe. Maybe yours does too. And what about local beauty/cosmetology schools? I know people can get cheap haircuts (although they can take an hour or more) but they might also do leg waxing, if you can manage that. You'll want to explain that you might need to take breaks to rest your back, if that's true...

4. DarkestDream

Hello :slight_smile: I understand the 'not being able to see' part, and I'm on disability, so you really have to be able to save a little to even afford glasses. I don't shave if I can help it....I use hair removal products, like nair. and I only use a razor on underarms. I agree with Really, maybe there's somewhere that perhaps has a reduced payment options, or rates, even for dental. I can't begin to know how you feel, but I CAN tell you...I ACCEPT YOU, and you're accepted here. (*hug*)

5. PrettyConfused

I'm sorry about what you're going through...I'm a dental student now and believe me, I'd do your dentures pro bono if I could. And most dental schools have cut rates. I know my one does :slight_smile: Hope you are able to feel better soon.