1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Night without Alcohol

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by apples123, Oct 24, 2014.

1. apples123

I don't drink alcohol and don't plan to for personal reasons but all my friends do. It seems that drinking and clubbing is the world to my friends. If I ask a friend if he wants to go out (him knowing I don't drink or like clubbing scenes), he'll ask;

"What do you want to do today/tonight?"

And so we'll be scratching our heads clueless. The only thing we think of is going to the movies, which is great but I really need to be more creative! What day or night activities can one do without alcohol? I need some ideas. Anyone know how to enjoy their spare time without alcohol?

2. tulipinacup

Lots of activities you can do without alcohol! Try going to the movies, bowling, themed parks or the circus. If you guys want something more adventurous try paint ball,rock climbing, swimming, etc.

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'll add: movie nights, game nights, many cities have monthly art walks. Challenging each other at the gym. There are so many things to do, really limited only by your imagination.

And... Kudos for realizing there is more to life and interaction than getting drunk.

4. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Its also possible to go to a club and dance without alcohol. Get a glass of sparkling water with ice and dance away!

5. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    While there are plenty of things you can do where most people will not be drinking, this would be my suggestion as well--I used to go out all the time to bars and clubs and get Coke. I didn't have my first alcoholic beverage until well into my twenties. No one ever commented--I'm pretty sure most people never knew.

6. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with these guys. I don't drink either, but if the company is good enough I still have a good time. There are lots of non-alcoholic drinks out there, and afterwards you can always just pretend you're drunk. :icon_wink We won't tell.