1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Share your experiences :)

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ForNarnia, Oct 25, 2014.

1. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey there :slight_smile: I'm currently doing a project for school focusing on inequality, and a part of that is inequality in and around the LGBT community. It'd be really helpful if some of you guys could share your experiences, either positive or negative, about online forums like this one, and in real life. I would also like to know more about other sexualities and gender identities, so please feel free to tell me about yourself, if you wish :slight_smile: Your experiences will only be used for inspiration for the project, and will not be shared with anyone else. Many thanks xxx(!)

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  3. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
  4. poetofdarkness

Well my school had a disco thing on and me and my girlfriend decided to go. We walked in holding hands no problem. Then about 15 mins later a song came on that contained a LOT of homophobic slur and my girl started to get upset so I was like "fuck this shit" and left.

When we got back to my place my mum asked why we were back so early and I explained the reason my mum started swearing her head off and wrote a complaint to the school. Never went to another school disco again.

5. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I don't blame you, they shouldn't play stuff like that, especially in schools xxx

6. Munyal

Well, one time my religion teacher compared mirderers and rapists to homosexuals since "all sin is the same in the eyes of God" then pulled me aside and told me to become a priest, so that I wouldn't get into a homosexual relationship. Granted, most of my class defended me in some way, but my teacher wasn't exactly old. She's only 28 or so. One would think she'd be with the times.

7. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Wow, it seems like schools are a really bad place to be once you're out. Don't let her get ya down, it isn't her place to tell you what to do :slight_smile: It's good that your peers stood up for you, though. Thanks for sharing :slight_smile: xxxx