1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel as if no one would want me

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ThePrimadonna, Oct 25, 2014.

1. ThePrimadonna

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I constantly feel unattractive, like I get depressed when looking at photos, even my own reflection! I've never had a boyfriend, never really kissed a boy and at 17 I'm still a virgin. I don't know why I feel this way, does anyone else go through this?

(photos of me attached)

Attached Files:

2. Alt

Alt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Partly, I used to take about 3 photos every 2 years. It wasn't that I thought I was unattractive, but that even though I found myself to be not bad, I was also fully aware of all my short-comings. It's recently gotten a lot better, I gradually found out what types of guys I like, was more honest with myself and my positive traits and just general growing up.

Sure I am the fat, small-handed, scatter-brained and airheaded guy, yet I also acknowledge that I carry granola bars for the homeless, support my friends, help my younger brother deal wirh Father and make sweets for those close to me.

You're seldom as bad as you think you are, try to highlight what you do good than what you are bad at/are subpar in. The guy I'm seeing is 24 and still a virgin, don't worry about it! Also, watch RuPaul and RPDR, he'll become your new Jesus.

3. Azrael

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I think you shoudln't worry about losing your virginity, it's not something to send off so quickly.

Have you tried losing yourself in some form of art or activity that makes you completely forget about you, it really helps me at times. I just go sit at the park and watch leaves fall or float across the lakes and completely forget about myself for a moment. Try that and see if it works.

4. MissRanger

MissRanger Guest

I also struggled feeling less and looking at myself in the mirror makes me cringe. I've always thought my physical appearance would repel others and that I would be single forever. As cliche as this may sound, instead of shaming myself everyday in front of the mirror I try to compliment myself little by little. It took time for me to accept myself and stop bringing myself down. I don't think you are unattractive and your hair is nicely styled :grin: Also being a virgin isn't something you should fret about. It's not a race and you'll find someone someday.

5. Fandom obsessed

You are attractive! I feel that way too! I feel forever alone from time to time because I feel as thought no one would ever date me. But don't worry! Dating is not everything, you are still young and you will find someone just wait a little longer. There will be someone that will be your boyfriend :slight_smile:

6. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You are extremely good looking! There should be no reason, other than self confidence, for you to doubt that!

7. TwinNumber2

TwinNumber2 Guest

From looking at your photo you're not a bad looking guy at all. Heck! You're actually pretty cute :icon_wink I'm 20 and still a virgin and used to feel the same as you. I'd accepted I'd be alone forever but now I know it probably won't be that way at all. I still haven't kissed a guy either but it doesn't bother me so much these days. My way of thinking of it is so what if I lose my virginity tomorrow or in five years time? Its still the same end result, isn't it?

So many people feel the same way as you do and you'll grow out of it, trust me :slight_smile: I did. It gets so much better. I bet you before you know it you'll find a great boyfriend who loves you and makes you feel great about yourself!

Take it easy :slight_smile: