1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need advice chatting with someone online

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by anthros231, Oct 26, 2014.

1. anthros231

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi, I'm 31 came out last month after i talked to a guy online who made me feel comfortable enough to basically come out to a few friends and my mom. after that i started to find things out about him and he basically was a catfish and it hit me hard, to the point i became really guarded.

this someone new started messaging me online and we really hit it off, we have so much in common and have some of the same fears. we do have a few things that we dont have in common but we can still do those things with each other. we were supposed to meet the friday that past but due to shortage of funds on both ends we werent able to meet, but we rescheduled for the first week of november when we are both free from our work, he lives an hour an half away, and is not out to his family which i understand the reason why hes not out, because he would be kicked out, so im fine in supporting him in any way he might need. even though we have not meet in person i feel a strong connection, but im also guarding by not using certain words when we text each other, i really feel the need to use words like (babe, bb) but we have only been texting since tuesday. Do you think i should use the affectionate words?? we havent really discussed being in a relationship yet, but we are having a movie date at my place when we meet, but i did bring out the idea of what each other is in regards to sex and we both agreed to see where it goes. please help should i show affection in my texts, i dont know how he feels about me but i think im falling for him, but im trying to becareful

2. tulipinacup

Do you think it can hold off after you guys meet? I think the fact that you guys mention how you would see the way things go once you both meet will determine if you are confident enough to say your terms of endearment.

3. anthros231

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's not a problem, and i'm trying to do that, but when we text back and forth i find myself typing it out and having to delete it all the time. im hoping he feels the same way about me, hes a skinner guy where im a bigger guy, we seen each others pics, and we are both friended each other on FB. im just hoping it goes great

4. tulipinacup

I think if you guys are honest enough to each other then I don't see anything wrong with it. Good luck :slight_smile:

5. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Personally, I refrained from using affectionate terms until after I had met someone and confirmed the relationship was genuine and consistent with my expectations.