1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not even concerned about major exam; Severe Depression

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Belieber, Oct 26, 2014.

1. Belieber

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hey Guyys. I think my Depression has reached a peak. I'm facing that extremely major exam tomorrow which will determine which school or even, my future. Yet I have TOTALLY NO SENSE OF FEAR or NERVOUSNESS. It's the first time I've ever felt this way. Something feels extremely, wrong. I think it stems from the fact that I've totally given up on myself, and instead of getting anxious, I get FRUSTRATED when my parents are much more anxious than me, at the same time feeling sad that they are worried for someone like me who've already given up on myself.

Being a socially awkward boy, I've missed out for the past 6 years, never even made a friend, and I fear that this would serve to scar me in future as I dawn on the fact that I've missed out so much during childhood, further worsening my depression. I feel that I need a break, yet the round continues to revolve everyday, everyone's working hard everyday to be what they want to be in life, everyone's moving forward, and I just have to do the same; but the fact is that I can't keep up with society!

It's really stupid that the school counsellor said she'll get the Therapist AFTER the major exams LIKE......I really don't care anymore, perhaps I just can't make it in life..Obv to someone like me positive comments are merely lies; I think I seriously need the therapist BUT I NEED IT BEFORE THE EXAM. It's obviously going to be a vicious cycle - I fail my exams, Depression further worsens, my life worsens. Depression is ruining my life.

Thus would really appreciate comments for 2 questions:
    1. What can I do I really don't want to fail my exams though...
    2. What do I do...I feel really hopeless that I just want to lay in bed all day and do nothing...

2. anonym

anonym Guest

Are you prepared for the exam? If not, you're going to need some self discipline to get yourself ready. You might not give a damn now but in a few months or even weeks time, you might be kicking yourself if you let yourself give up like this and don't do as well as you could have. I have had to literally force myself to get working in the past when I had a major coursework deadline coming up and was struggling with severe depression. IMO self discipline is the only way to get yourself through something like this that's important when in reality, you don't give a toss.

Good luck:thumbsup:

3. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you are concerned, but just are not prepared,p can you move the date of the exam?