1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

an unpleasant encounter

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Kiyohime, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Kiyohime

Kiyohime Guest

A friend of mine recently decided to introduce me to another friend of hers. She was really excited, because we are two of her best friends. The thing is, she told her friend that I am a lesbian, so the first thing her friend did when we meet was to interrogate me about my sexuality. She asked, very judgmentally, "How can you possibly like girls?" "What's the point of a vagina without a dick?" And then she went off about god. I was really uncomfortable and embarrassed. I just kind of sat there and took it, because I know my friend really wanted us to get along, and I didn't want to upset her, but come on. I hope I don't have to meet this person ever again.

Sorry about the rant; I'm a bit upset and just wanted to tell someone. I'm also upset that my friend was sitting right there and said nothing to defend me. She was acting as if there was nothing wrong with the way her other friend was treating me.

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    At the very least, you may need to re-evaluate your friendship with the one who decided not to defend you. That is not a friend.

The next time this happens, walk away. Sometimes the message from one's feet as they are pointing away from them is all the talking you need to do.

3. Kristina5

Well I would say that was not nice of your friend! She should be more supportive for you knowing who you are! I hope you dont have to deal with rude people like that often! Them types of people add no positives.we are who we are !

4. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some people are absolutely clueless. You may consider commenting to your friend that such discussions to others is rather inappropriate and lacks manners.

5. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

Didn't you're friend think before she decided to introduce her to you?

6. CrazyAwkward

That's awful. I'm sorry you had to deal with that. And I'm sorry your friend didn't stand up for you.

7. Kiyohime

Kiyohime Guest

Apparently not.

I think I'm going to ask her what she thought of everything. I don't know if she didn't react because she was afraid to lose her friend or if she secretly agrees with her. If it's the second one, I don't think I can continue being friends with someone who thinks so little of me.