1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Messing up....slowly

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by TeePee, Oct 29, 2014.

1. TeePee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello fellow EC'ers. I feel like a failure, a complete utter failure! I beleive i'm intelligent but whenever i'm around ''smarter'' people, i feel really stupid. The main reason i feel horrible though has more to do with my performance at school. I'm currently studying undergraduate physics and i wrote 3 tests recently and i failed dismally....getting 40% is failing but very close to zero is just heartbreaking. To make matters worse just a few hours ago we were writing a maths test without invigilation. Everyone was copying and i chose not to (FYI i was totally clueless). Who does that! That same test contributes to my grade for the course and i really need good grades right now.
    I hate blaming other people for MY problems but 2months ago my ''caring'' family asked me to come to a neighbouring country, where most of them live, to get tuitiin money. How stupid i was to beleive they would help me out. I ended up getting to school almost a month later than i was supposed to. I need this degree soo bad, not just to get a good job but i have dreams that depend on it. I'm struggling to catch up but i need to. End of semester exams start in december. It's so frustrating.
    Sorry i just needed to let it all out.

2. HTBO

is it too late to drop the courses without taking a fail and start over next semester? Or is there tutoring services available. Go to your profs office hours, is there a TA who you can see for help? Is there someone in your class that can help you (someone who wasn't cheating and knows what they are doing?) You have time to figure something out.

3. Shaded

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You can only get better.
    I know it's frustrating but just keep doing your best and studying. Maybe ask some of the people who are doing better in the course to help you out and tutor you a little.
    People learn in different ways, here's some tips that might help
    Exam Preparation: Ten Study Tips | TopUniversities

Also if you chew the same flavour gum as you do when studying it's supposed to help you remember. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: