1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it Normal

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Justinian20, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Justinian20

I've been feeling really down the past couple of days after realizing I'm gay does this happen a lot to gay men. It's like my brain has finally come to terms with it and understands what it means, I've never been like this before my sexuality. Do most other gay men experience this feeling of extreme sadness. It feels as if I'm sinking into depression again because I know that I'm completely different to everyone else I know.

I know no other gay people and I just feel so different to everyone. It's almost feels as if I'm the only gay in Brisbane. I don't know what to do. I'm just so damn tired of thinking and the stress of exams for university coming up is too much for me to take. I don't know what to do. Is all this stuff I'm going through a normal experience for many gay men. I just want some help in dealing with my sinking sadness which may well turn into depression.

2. Justinian20

Actually it all seems to be well, I talked to a good friend of mine and she cheered me up and made me realize what's the point of being sad of being gay cause I've got to make the most of my life.

---------- Post added 30th Oct 2014 at 03:58 PM ----------

I talked via Facebook messages and came out to her that way because I'm not confident enough to do face to face.

3. Khusro aries

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Actually it's the same feeling I've faced and other also face its ok. Just relax and forget all this thing and try to talk openly here and you will feel better. You can express your feelings here without any fear because we are like family ”9Ô0 here.

4. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am not sure how old you are, but if your mid twenties or younger, have you looked I to the Open Doors Youth Service or another similar organization? They are a great way to help you meet others in the LGBT community.

5. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In answer to your original question, it is perfectly normal. Coming out is a journey and there are a number of stages to go through before you completely embrace the idea. I've been there too in the past. The thoughts that go through your mind and the questions you ask yourself get so muddled and confusing, to the extent that you think of little else and it can make you feel rather sad and depressed.

What does it mean to be gay? What are gay men like? Are they all the same? What is gay sex like? Will I be able to visit a gay club on my own? What if I don't fit in? Will I end up lonely?

These are just some of the now crazy thoughts that went racing through my mind as I journeyed towards self acceptance. Looking back it all seems really bizarre, but then I read this forum and see many other guys going through the same, asking all the same questions and it's like being awakened to a whole world of anxiety. We need to help each other out with it.

Have you looked at the Empty Closets coming out resources? If not, click on the tab at the top of the page. You will find more information on the different stages of coming out + lots more stuff.