1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well.. I finally did it..

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Blossom85, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Blossom85

I wanted to share this with you all.. I feel it's because of being here that I felt able to do this finally...

After not going on her facebook account since feb 2013, I decided to take a peek.. I kind of wanted to know but didn't if she was still with the girl she left me for.. Turns out they are still together and still look very happy together in photos.. It will be their two year anniversary on 7th November this year.. While they are celebrating, I will be commiserating the fact that it has been two years on that same day since my ex began ignoring me..

Since we broke up and stopped talking, I have been unable to get rid of the text messages we shared back and forth and her phone number from my contacts and also the photos she sent me via text.. Well after seeing her account today on Facebook, I finally made peace with it all and I deleted her number and the texts we sent each other. I did have some tears in my eyes, but I think although I had been putting it off and not wanting to go on her account.. Going on it has given me a sense of closure more then I have ever felt before. It is clear she has really moved on and I need to keep moving forward now with my own life.

I don't want to waste anymore tears or sad thoughts on her. I know she did care for me and possibly even really did love me, but I think at the most, I was just a place holder whilst she waited for someone else to come along who she could really be with. I don't think she ever really intended to move here to be with me, it was like she was allowing me to keep her company till she found someone who she could be with physically.

It does seem weird to me that she felt so scared to tell her parents about us but it looks like she is fairly out on Facebook with everyone and did so very quickly after leaving me and getting with her new girlfriend, so it makes me think maybe it wasn't ever going to be permanent or long term and that there was more to it then me simply being a girl, cause she didn't have any issues in coming out with her girlfriend when they got together..

Anyway, I am letting that part of my life go now.. I will never forget her because she was the start of my journey to my own self acceptance of where I am now in my life, but she is my past and I am looking forward to my future with someone whom does really care and love me..

So thanks for reading if you got through this, I don't really need any advice, I just felt proud of myself and wanted to share with my friends here that I took a big step into fully letting her go now.

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    (*hug*)(*hug*)(&&&)

3. Really

Hey! Way to go! That's a pretty big accomplishment. And pretty healthy, too, I think.
    Good on ya'. (Is that right?) :]

4. Blossom85

Thank you to you both. (*hug*)

Haha, yeah good on ya is something we use here. It is a really big accomplishment for me and I am finally glad I am in the right place in my life and in my own heart and head to have the strength to do that. I had in in my mind that if I deleted everything, it meant it didn't happen and that was the only connection I had to her because we never got to the point of sending each other things..

But now I realize that nothing can change what happened and that I will always still carry her in my heart, but I don't need the messages, photos or number anymore to validate it to myself that it did happen. (*hug*)

5. ithinkiamgay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Blossom85, way to go!!!

Glad you did what you did.

You know, when you shared this accomplishment, it reminded me of mine!
    I did not speak/contact/facebook/whatsapp/anydamnthing my Ex for 1 year 2months!!

I just started talking to her again since the last 10 days.
    Know why we broke up? She married a man :slight_smile:
    And yes, it killed me.

I pulled myself outta it and a lotttt(I cant stress how much) changed in life after I made that conscious effort.

Man! I so feel what you feel right now!

6. Blossom85

Awe, damn.. I think things do happen for a reason, glad you are talking to her again. I don't think it is something I will ever do, speak with her again. I think she has long forgotten about me now.

Thanks, I am glad to know I am not the only way to go through this. I really feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders now and I also blocked her from facebook so I can't see her account and I also blocked her Skype account as well so I can't try to message her on that. It has been a long two years and knowing she is probably not thinking about me and is happy, so it kind of gave me the push I knew I needed to finally let that final piece of her to. (*hug*)

7. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well done Blossom. It's hard to do, but letting go is the only way.

Be strong. Proud of you. :slight_smile:

8. Blossom85

Thanks Patrick,

It means a lot, I am proud of myself as well. It has been a hard two years but I finally really feel ready to let go. I didn't even find her physically attractive anymore when I was looking at her profile photos. I am feeling quite strong right now, free and as I mentioned like a weight has been lifted off me.

9. ithinkiamgay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've started speaking to her because her husband's prodding me to get in touch with her.

Apparently she mentions me a lot when they talk.

She's turned things all dramatic and dirty, I must say that!

Now, I'm all ready to hook up onto a new girl in life.
    Not sure about serious relationships, but yes, serious friendship with a girl should be great!

10. Blossom85

That is interesting, She might not be as over you as you now of her. That is good that you are ready to move on, even if it's nothing extremely serious. I feel I am really ready now to do the same now. (*hug*) cheers to moving on.

11. ithinkiamgay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Cheers indeed!!!

12. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your a wonderful person Blossom. You know I mean this sincerely. Good for you moving on. Closing one door enables you to open the next one.......

13. Blossom85

Thank you, I appreciate everyone's kinds words. I feel really strong and happy right now. I know I made the right decision.

14. AsheTheHuman

I'm sooo happy for you Blossom! I'm glad you're able to move on now. That's a really big step, y'know. I'm happy. (*hugs*)

15. Blossom85

Awe thanks Ashe ~big hugs~ That really means a lot, I am really happy too and it's wonderful to see you as well.

16. ForeverYoung000

Congrats!!!!! I know it was hard <3 <3. (&&&) (&&&)

17. Blossom85

Thanks foreveryoung, I feel overwhelmed with all the positive comments, it makes me realize that I really did do the right thing. It was hard, but glad it has been done now.

18. Really

Hmmm. Might be time to buy a lottery ticket. Your stars are aligning - as they say.

19. Blossom85

Haha, yes I might have to do that :slight_smile:

20. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats! I can imagine how difficult it's been for you because my ex girlfriend broke up with me around this time last year. And I figure some people are just not meant to be a part of your life and you're most definitely better off without her.

I've recently started talking to my ex just out of curiosity plus a part of me misses her. However, the more I think about it, we are two completely different people. I'd actually prefer someone more like myself, so I'm not even hurt about losing her any more.

Not only that, I just had a new baby and he wouldn't be here if she and I were still together. So, everything happens for a reason and honestly, I couldn't be any happier than I am now.

#20 pinklov3ly, Nov 1, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2014