1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Don't Know What To Do

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Rainbow Kitty, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Rainbow Kitty

I've been struggling with my sexuality a long time. I'm out as bisexual to everyone and my parents [excluding extended family]. My mom used to be pretty supportive. My stepdad used to tease me for liking guys, and now my mom is acting like it's bad.

Recently, I got my computer taken away; they hacked into my email and found a convo between me and my best friend. Well she's lesbian and we were talking about making an LGBT club. My stepdad was looking through and said, "What is this gay shit?". And my mom said, "This is innapropriate!"

I don't know how to survive 4 more years with this. I have zero privacy. My stepdad constantly is searching my bookbag. I don't do anything illegal, but I seriously got in trouble for having the quote from my signature in my binder. He yelled at me when he found a note between me and a friend about coming out!

I'm sorry for rambling. But what should I do? I'm so stressed at home all the time. :l

2. Blossom85

I am sorry you are going through this, I think even though you are 14, you still have a right to privacy and I am so sorry your family has been invading it.

I think perhaps your step dad has gotten to your mum and got her thinking his way which is not good at all.. Do you think you would able to sit down with your mum and talk to her at all? She might not even realize how you are actually feeling about it all. I think though only do that if you feel really comfortable with it. 4 years is a long time to deal with more of what has been happening.. I think if you can't talk to your parents, maybe see if you can talk to the school guidance counselor, they might be able to help you as well. I hope it gets better for you ~big hugs~

3. Rainbow Kitty

I might try that, but I'm kind of scared to talk to her about it. Knowing her, she'd laugh.

4. Blossom85

Perhaps if you don't feel you can talk to her, write her a letter or at least draft a letter of exactly what you want to say to her, that way you don't feel like you are trying to find the right words as you are talking and will give you more confidence as well.

5. Rainbow Kitty

I guess I'll try that tommorow, thank you

6. Blossom85

Your welcome and in your own time, don't feel pressured to do it straight away.. :slight_smile: I am here if you need to talk at all.

7. ithinkiamgay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Listen t blossom85, shez good

8. Ditz

Wish I could sit your parents down and have a talk with them, it gets me all wound up when parents are ignorant and don't realise what their actions do to their kids.

I'm thinking they might have thought you where going trough a phase and now they're realising it might not be a phase and so its panic mode for them trying to change you which is just ignorant of them...

Realise that they're acting up because they are clueless and probably afraid of the unknown.

It's hard to give you advice but if you are able to sit down with your mom and have a talk you could mention to her that it would mean a great deal to you if they could go speak to a counsellor themselves to figure things out... In this case I almost think they need a little guidance from a professional.

Hang in there buddy things will get better. You at least made the step of telling them so you don't have to hide anymore.