1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Experimentational Fantasy

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Justinian20, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Justinian20

I've attempted to fantasise about women, but I can never do it, I always seem to feel like I want to vomit when I see a naked female in my fantasies and on the other hand I get aroused by naked men in my fantasies. I remember one guy saying that gay means getting aroused by same sex and straight is pretty much getting aroused by opposite sex and bisexual is arousal by both.

Would all of you agree with this point or is there a larger factor in this. Now I already know I'm gay but I'm just sorta curious about what you all think of me and the things that happen to me and what light that puts me in.

I guess you could say I'm vying for complete acceptance as a gay person as I've never had complete acceptance by anyone and it just feels so good to be part of a community that takes me for who I am. Even when my parents say it's impossible for me to be gay and the reason I've never been attracted to women is that I'm scared.

They say it's impossible because of the gay gene research, of which I do not have. I realize that I was gay due to other factors as I read up and it says that genetics only account for 40% chance to be a homosexual.

So perhaps I'm just one of those cases where my chances are pretty low.

Do any of you believe that the so called gay gene is a real factor in all of you being gay. (I know this may offend some of the community and so I'm very sorry to all of you). I'm just curious to know what many of you guys think on this situation and would you say not having the gene makes it impossible for you to be gay because I don't wanna have to go back to rediscover who I really am again cause I may just die never understanding who I was.

2. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    If I'm honest, I don't believe in the 'gay gene'. If you are only attracted to men, then you are gay, just because you don't have the 'gay gene' doesn't change that. :slight_smile:

3. AKTodd

While I don't follow this closely, to the best of my knowledge there has been no definitive proof discovered that a 'gay gene' (more likely a combination of genes expressing in certain ways) has been discovered (if something definitive has changed in this regard, please share). However, there is certainly a school of thought that says that there is probably a genetic component to homosexuality, although exactly what that is isn't clear yet.

Regardless, unless:

a) There has been definitive, peer reviewed and widely accepted, scientific proof that a gay gene/genetic combination exists AND

b) A reliable test has been developed for this gene AND

c) Your parents have had you tested for this gene and the test came back negative

then they don't know what they are talking about and are just desperately grasping at straws because they don't want to believe/accept you are gay.

As to whether or not I think genetics has a connection to being LGBT - yes, I do. Not sure how much, and don't much care except as a matter of curiosity and its strategic and tactical value as a tool to extend the cause of LGBT rights. Even if being gay were totally 100% a choice, it's still my choice, it harms no one, and anyone who doesn't like it can go f**k themselves as far as I'm concerned.

As to whether or not I think you're gay - you sound pretty gay to me. I don't get aroused by women, but I don't find them repellent either. As far as my libido is concerned, they basically don't exist.

Todd