1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone ever just feel ugly?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Notlad, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Notlad

I'm wondering if this is healthy/normal. There are days when I think I look reasonably attractive, and others I just can't actually look in the mirror. It's just the strangest thing.

2. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yup all the time! I think it's better than feeling ugly 24/7 which is most of the time, though it causes some degree of mood swings which isn't so fun :/

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Frequently. But I'm comfortable enough in my looks that it doesn't totally wreck my day.

4. Blossom85

I Think everyone has days like that, so try not to stress or worry.. It is a natural thing for everyone to go through.. It is what you do though that counts.. If you feel ugly or not pretty as you could or having a fat day, You can always exercise, or eat healthy and just try to focus in other aspects and help others out. Helping others can go a long way towards self confidence and self acceptance as well.

5. SimpleTim

SimpleTim Guest

When someone takes a picture of me, on reviewing it, I'm always astonished by how naive, and childlike I look. It seems that summing up what I look like in the picture, I'm a push-over, weak, and even cognitively under-developed. Also, more feminine than what I imagined myself to be.

Then I wonder to myself how I seem to people in instances like an interview, or on a date, or to anybody. Then, it makes me a little depressed and unconfident.

6. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Only when my face breaks out with zits.

7. anniesims

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I feel that way a lot. Especially when I see a picture of myslef. I feel rejected a lot and it gets me down. I Need to build up the self confidence. If you feel a certain way I beleive others will see it. The older I get the more I realize how personality and how you feel about yourself makes such a big difference in how attracted other people are to people. Now I just have to be more confident.

8. Confused Teen18

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It does happen with me. Whenever I think about this really cool girl with another dude, I get extremely down and that's when the ugliness kicks in.

9. tulipinacup

Every now and then and there are times where I feel good about my looks and I often take advantage on it.

10. Justinian20

A lot of people feel ugly, it's more likely that a female feels ugly than a male feels ugly. I think for men the problem lies more in feeling weak, much like SimpleTim feels when a photo is taken of him.

I have a indefinite problem with my body, I used to look at myself and feel weak and incompetent when it came to moving furniture and things like that, and that really made me want lot's of muscles. I've actually been less focused on my body now.

But now I accepted the fact I won't have muscles but that doesn't help me when I have to move furniture and other things like that. I still feel weak and useless at that stage. But I've said I actually do like my look and I don't feel quite so ugly.

11. Khusro aries

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey its natural and everyone's face this kind of feelings so try not to think about it and make yourself busy with another stuff that you love ❤

12. Notlad

Thanks, guys. I've always had a problem with this, but I never want to talk to people in person about it because I'm afraid some people may take it as though I'm fishing for compliments, and that's the farthest thing from the truth.

13. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Haha yes I definitely know the feeling. I find that it's better to try to accept yourself. Now that I'm not depressed and anxious like I used to be, I seem to be much more ok with my appearance.

14. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Yes and no.

Yes, in the sense, my body doesn't match up. Compared to other women, I'm fairly ugly, and this is, one of, my most crippling weaknesses.

But no, in the sense, I have come to love the body I do have. It isn't who I am, but, I've had it for 28 years, and it has been good to me. The least I can do, is appreciate harboring me.

When I feel ugly, when seeing women out and about, I try and meditate on it. Find out what is causing it, and deal with it, somehow, someway. But when I feel ugly, in regards to myself in general, I remind myself, that the only person's opinion that matters, if I am ugly or not, is my own. Maybe a potential partner, too, but the thing is, a good potential partner, will find me attractive as I am, and for who I am. So, that leaves only me, and I can control what the hell I think.

If it counts for anything, if that is you in your avatar, Notlad, you're quite the looker. I'd ask for the digits! LOL!

15. one and only

I have days when I start to feel a little ugly and I just focus on myself and do little things that would help me feel better about myself. It normal to feel like that.

16. Snever2late

Yes. Sometimes I look in the mirror and feel physically sick. Also part of the reason I don't own a full-length mirror.

17. leslionel

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I frequently worry about my looks - due to weight and whatnot. But my partner says I look nice all the time, so I try not to let it worry me too much.

18. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As a male I hate how I look and don't take pride in my appearance.

But as a female I do. I'm pleased with my external appearance matching my internal conception of self. To the point of vanity. But I never had the chance to be the cute girl prior to this.

19. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

mission accomplished.(*hug*)

---------- Post added 4th Nov 2014 at 11:27 AM ----------

on a personal level, i dont feel attractive on more days than i care to count.

20. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think I look average, which is just how I like it. I definitely think what's behind my face is more beautiful than what's in front.