1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First date with a girl... advice?!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by tacgirl, Nov 3, 2014.

1. tacgirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey all,

I'm 27, just figuring out that I'm bi... I am going out with a girl for the first time next week, after only ever having boyfriends... I'm looking for any and all advice and etiquette that would be useful knowledge!

We met on a dating site. Who pays? I'm used to guys going for home plate on the first date... Any standards I should be aware of?

I'm really excited! I want to make sure I don't jack this up unintentionally!

Thanks!

2. ithinkiamgay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I so wish I could help you with this. But I'd love to know the answers to your question now, for myself :wink:

Just know one thing, be cheerful and smile when nervous :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've only gone on a date with one girl, whom I met online.

Being a "gentleman" myself, and since I was the one who asked her on the date, I paid for everything on the first date. And the second. She offered to pay on the third date.

As for dating etiquette, I'm pretty clueless. When the first date ended, and we parted ways, I leaned in and gave her a kiss - on the lips! :eusa_doh: She went along with it and I don't think it put her off because we went on two more dates following that one, and officially started dating after those dates.

I think a hug is fine for a first date. Don't do what I've done, unless the moment calls for it, or you get the vibe from her that it'd be ok to kiss. If you're unsure, then ASK her if it'd be ok for you to give her a kiss on the cheek. She'll appreciate that you're considerate of her feelings, and I bet you'd score brownie points for asking instead of just going straight for it :icon_wink

Oh, and don't pull a creepy move like staring at her a lot. I did, and it freaked her out and made her uncomfortable. But she was just so cute, I couldn't stop looking at her. Also, smile a lot, it would let her know that you're having a good time. Good luck! :thumbsup:

4. BoiGeorge

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As cliche as it sounds, just be yourself. Smile a lot and give off all the typical flirting signals. Show her you're interested (assuming you are). As for who pays, for a first date I would always split it to start with. It makes things less awkward for both of you and it doesn't make someone feel bad for not paying