1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I dare pursue...?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Rainbows~Exist, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Rainbows~Exist

For a little while now I have had the BIGGEST crush of my life on this guy at my school. He's in my science classes and sits next to me in computing so I tend to see him at least once or twice a day and I just like him for some reason. Everything about him transfixes me. His personality, his looks, his sense of humor, they all seem perfect to me and are why every glance I steal at him and every single moment we make brief eye contact make me even more interested in him. We're not 'friends' or anything but we have spoken on a few occasions and we seem to get along nicely. However, there are two major catches...

HE'S STRAIGHT :tears: :tears: :tears: (To my knowledge. I like to give myself that incredibly important 1% chance :lol: ) It kills me to hear it but it's true :frowning2: I really like him but unfortunately he isn't interested in a same-gender relationship so liking him is really taking a toll on my heart (awwwwh). I do know however that under these circumstances I will not try to force anything on him or I don't know how to say it. 'scare him' if I express that I like him.

My best friend and him had a 'thing' going on. It wasn't anything serious, they just flirted with each other over text a lot and went on one date (which didn't end well...). I did ask her if it was okay for me to like him and she said it was fine but I sometimes get an awkward feeling from her when I talk about him :/

Just being friends with him would make my day but I don't know where to start. It's my last year of comprehensive and with all the exams in the way it's hard to start any conversation at school and by this point I think that everyone is comfortable in their own friend groups. I've talked to him online once and it went well and wasn't awkward (he sent me a ':wink:' :eek: ) but I wouldn't know where to start if I was to try this again. I just don't know what to do. This is the first time I've ever felt about someone this way before and I don't want to mess things up. Any advice is much appreciated.

Thank you.

2. iiimee

Wow... you're falling hard man. I'm not sure if my advice will be of any help, but I'll try-

Think of it this way. Would you rather tell him and be rejected most likely, or get depressed never telling him? He seems nice and hopefully he won't be a jerk about it if he rejects you, but you have to keep that possible outcome in your mind. In any case, I'd at least talk to him and get to know him a bit more, regardless of you telling him or not. He seems like he could be a good friend, and those are rare. Try to work out times to chat with him, in or outside of class. Other people probally can give you better relationship advice, but this is what I think love! Stay hopeful! :slight_smile:

3. Rainbows~Exist

Wow... I guess I've never really thought about it this way before. I think I'd rather tell him than never tell him but I think the real issue is finding the courage to speak to him and to get to know him more. But you're right. Great advice! Thank you! (*hug*)

4. Kaiken

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's always the chance he's gay, but just be prepared that he isn't. Being friends with a straight man that you have a crush on is a real killer, but if he isn't gay and you are ok with being his friend, then go for it.

Just make sure you keep your head out of the clouds and your feet on the ground. He sounds like a nice man.